Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Have a Mobile App Idea? Here’s How You Can Validate It
- Monday, July 29, 2019
- 4 Min Read
It is obviously better if you start with building a mobile app, you should first think of validating it. You could even get a clear vision of the app, it’s future vision, prospects and more. You can even figure out if the app in the first place is worth of developing and putting in efforts in the first place or not. The most important reason why you should validate your app is to find out who your current audience is, which would of course ultimately save a lot of dimes. Here are detailed ways by which you can validate your mobile app idea:
Interview Potential Users
Your app ultimately will be used by your users. You will develop it and leave it to your audience to consume the app. If your audience doesn’t need your app in the first place, the idea of creating the app will be absolutely rejected. There is absolute need to verify if your mobile app is of great use to the audience, or if people will disapprove of it.
For your users, the market research part is of extreme importance – you will need to figure out if at all your users are identifying with the need that you have identified. And if the audience will pay for that need – and also how much would they pay for it.
You could use methods of online surveys, ask people in focused groups, or even create topics of discussion in niche forums – reach out to as many people you can and ask them if your app idea sits with them. Also, send them the proposal of a preliminary purchase deal, the amount that you are planning to charge, and ask them if they are okay to pay that. If they say so, then you are most probably good to go. In very simple terms the user should confirm that he is willing to pay the price for the application.
Estimate The Potential Demand Of The Idea Using Keyword Research Tools
There should be adequate knowledge of SEO and online marketing when one has made up his mind to release his own app. There are often other tools for beginners which might help them with this.
Ubersuggest: this is a powerful tool that basically uses Google autocomplete and produces great keyword ideas. It is absolutely an effective tool to determine the search query – this tool will help you to figure out the specific region that interests you, the immense competition levels in that region, and other supporting data.
Keyword tool: this is yet another effective tool that has a free version which generates upto 750+ long tail keyword suggestions for every single term. One can easily use Google Suggest tool for a great user interface. However the free version is almost limited and incomplete information is available.
Google Trends: this is yet another outstanding tool, this is a website by Google that analyses the top search queries, and then uses graphs to produce results over different queries over a period of time.
There are no absolute numbers that are produced, but it gives a clear understanding of the volume of people interested in a particular field, in gross numbers.
Studying the App Store for Competitive Analysis
This is the simplest technique that any expert would advise you to do. Look for apps that are in your domain,that is closely related to the future project that you will build. You could do this by entering the search information that your prospect users would look for. Do not keep your search limited to one platform, remember to extend your search to both iOS and Android platforms. You might accidentally discover some new app ideas also.
This way you can analyze the competitors apps too. Study their apps thoroughly, discover the pitfalls that they have, and bring out those improvements in your version. Check out all the pros and the cons that the apps have, and work on them well. This will help you to not make developmental mistakes.
Create The Basic Landing Page For Your App And Drive Traffic Into It
There is a slight investment to this venture.
- Create a proper landing page about the app that you are building. Describe your app idea clearly, and add in as many screenshots you can, just to connect to your audience.
- Add in a lead generation form, where you can ask people for their names and their contact information. That way you would come to know about how many people are truly interested in the app. That way you could send your future users the notifications when the app goes live.
- Launch a paid advertising campaign too for the same, use Google Ads and take it ahead to social media platforms.
- After the campaigns are over, analyze the number of users who have signed up for the app. Work with these sales leads later when you launch your app.
- Estimate the expenses that will be involved in all of these – marketing, advertising, etc.
Post your app idea on Product Hunt
This is a website that would let the existing users share and find new products. It is a brilliant platform that allows all entrepreneurs to showcase their unique products. People can vote for their favorite product and encourage the entrepreneurs. This is one important site that gives constant information about the new products that have hit the market.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
Hey Folks! The festive season is not so far away. Very soon, you will see ...The latest app that has taken the internet by the storm is none other than...These days, most businesses need to be conducted online. Gone are the days...
- Impact of Halloween on eCommerce
- How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like TaskRabbit?
- How to Select Best Mobile App Development Company for Your Business?
- Why you should Choose React Native for Enterprise App Development?
- How IoT Mobile App Development Services can Boost Your Business?
- 10 Mobile App Development Trends to Watch in 2020
- Thinking of Starting an eCommerce Business? Here’s The Checklist!
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website?
- Android 10: Top 8 Features and Comparison with iOS 13
- Top 5 Reasons to Hire Offshore Mobile App Developers
- Everything You Need To Know About FaceApp
- How to Build an App Like Alexa?
- 5 Latest Trends In Mobile ios App Development
- How to Optimize Restaurant App Performance to Bring More Returns?
- Android Vs ios: Which is Better for Start-Up?
- Best Practices For Mobile App Onboarding Services
- Mobile Application Development Trends of 2019
- Best Security Practices for Android Application Development
- Have a Mobile App Idea? Here’s How You Can Validate It
- 7 Tips to Make Mobile App Development Successful
You might also like
cross-platform mobile app development,  React Native is a framework
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.