Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Android Vs ios: Which is Better for Start-Up?
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- 4 Min Read
Although things do get a lot easier once you get the support of a partner-like sound mobile app development company, there are a number of factors that you still have to get a grasp on your end for android vs ios. And this knowledge is crucial before you begin to go for a start-up.
While we have curated a mobile app development for startups guide to help you get started with the complete A to Z process of getting your idea on mobile, in this article, we will help you get an answer to the question that worries every entrepreneur who is new to the app industry – android vs ios for startups.
Let’s start looking at the smartphone (iPhone or Android) and app market scenario by first looking into the basics of each – number of users, downloads, revenue, and user retention scenario.
Graphs indicating each of the pointers will help give a clear idea of how both the app stores are performing on an individual level – something which will help businesses take a sound decision.
iPhone or Android? Smartphone Users Graph
Total Number of Mobile Phone UsersThese numbers are a clear indication of how big the smartphone industry has been and how it is only going to grow both android and ios in demand and acquisition number in the coming time. With the number of projected mobile users about to reach 5.7 Billion in a matter of two years, it is beyond time for startups to make a decision related to iOS versus Android and a presence on mobile and reach these billions and then some more users.
Android vs iOS: Market Share
Worldwide Smartphone OS Market Share
The market share division factor when making a choice of iOS vs Android for a startup is calculated in terms of a total number of users on both the platforms. While the graph above shows the obvious – Android development has a greater market share than iOS development, let us still throw some light on it. With a number of Android devices being 10X more than Apple flagship devices, the number of users is by default inclined towards Android as compared to iOS app development.
This difference in market share makes Android a preferable choice for Startups that are keeping visibility above any other business-y factor.
Android vs iOS: Market Revenue
Worldwide Gross App Revenue – Google Play vs Apple App Store
One of the biggest deciding factor when it comes to Android vs iOS for businesses is the revenue that each of the avenues is able to generate for the startup. As a startup that is about to make an entry in the mobile domain for the first time, it is almost a necessity to base the platform choice on the basis of the potential of revenue they would be able to generate.
While iOS has over time positioned itself as the platform that businesses head to generate revenue, Android developers are soon catching up with their monetized app. But overall, the Play Store will still take up more time to come up to App Store level.
Android vs iOS: User Retention
For an entrepreneur struggling to find the answer to iOS vs Android for the startup as yours, it is very important to maintain a good user retention number as it will be the only sign to judge whether or not your app is performing good and is liked by the millions of users across the world.
There are a number of factors which contribute to soaring app uninstall rate. Reasons which mostly revolve around the kind of experience you are able to offer through your mobile app.
But in spite of what reasons there are behind growing app uninstall rates in the industry, the fact that users behave differently between one platform to other remains. While Android users are more loyal, Apple users are less forgiving and tend to leave app very soon after a bad experience – something startups need to plan in their app design and development strategy in much detail.
Now that we have looked into the market scenario of both the platforms, it is time to attend to the question that every startup willing to make a presence on mobile is seeking the answer to – Android vs iOS development for startups.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
Choosing a suitable eCommerce platform for the creation, managemen...
The progressive web apps are the next best thing to expect in the future. Due ...
You can become an Android developer, but to get success in this field is not e...
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
- Why Businesses Are Heading More towards Android App Development
- How a Progressive Web App Development Company Can Determine the Future of Mobile Web Apps
- Best Steps to Focus At While You Hire PHP Developer
- Services You Can Get Only From a Reputed Android App Development Company
- What 5 Points You Can Expect To Get From Android App Development Company
- Tune In For the Finest Mobile Application Design Tips for World Class Results
- Trends to Figure Out In Progressive Web App Development
- Reasons to Hire PHP Developers for Your Next Web Development Project
- Things on Which Mobile App Design Services Must Focus For Android Apps
- Trends to Follow Before You Hire Mobile App Design Services
You might also like
mobile app development company,  mobile app development services,  Mobile Application Design,  mobile application development company,  mobile application development services
hire mobile app developers,  mobile app design services,  Mobile Application Design
Android Application Development,  Hire Android Developer,  mobile app design services,  mobile app development
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.