People believe that Kotlin will soon replace Java for Android app development due to its growing popularity. The android development community accepts and loves Kotlin, a modern-day, pragmatic, and cross-platform language.
Since Google stated that Kotlin is now its preferred programming language for Android, many programmers have switched to Kotlin to create Android apps. As a result, new job titles such as “looking to hire kotlin developer, India” have popped up. This article explains the tasks and responsibilities of Kotlin developers, as well as the salary, scope, and abilities necessary.
What is Kotlin?
JetBrains created Kotlin, a cross-platform programming language. It has increased in popularity in recent years and is now a widely-used programming language for mobile app development. The Kotlin programming language is used in a variety of ways.
App Development for Android
Kotlin is now the recommended language for developing Android mobile apps, according to Google. Over 70% of the top 1000 apps on the Google Play Store are considered to use it. Many mobile app developers use Kotlin because it has better code safety features and allows developers to accomplish more with fewer lines of code.
Back-Ends for Websites
Kotlin is presently being used for the backends of websites by 47% of Kotlin developers. This implies that websites like Google, Amazon, Shazam, and Gradle use Kotlin to manage their logic.
When it’s time to hire a Kotlin developer, there are a few things to keep in mind.
There are a few things to consider when looking at Kotlin developers for hire, including expertise, prices, and the type of work arrangement. It also relies on the project you’re working on and the talents you’ll need to finish it.
Here are some of the fundamental abilities that a Kotlin developer should possess:
- Lambda functions procedural programming
- Null security
- Kotlin is a scripting language that was created by Google.
- Objects, classes, and abstract classes are all types of classes.
Tasks and responsibilities of Kotlin development company: The roles and responsibilities of Kotlin developers are comparable to those of Android developers, except for having a good understanding of Kotlin.
Note: Kotlin Android Developers must have a strong understanding of Java because Kotlin is 100 percent compatible with Java, and as a developer, you’ll need to know Java at some level to develop Android apps.
- From the ground up, designing and implementing modern, secure, and feature-rich Android applications in Kotlin
- Translate drawings and wireframes into code by understanding the requirements.
- To increase performance, find and solve issues.
- collaborating with the design and testing teams to produce high-performance apps
- Work with APIs and data sources by the specifications.
- Assist in the maintenance of code quality, reusability, and ongoing code evaluation.
- To improve the developer experience, find and integrate new technologies.
- Unit testing ensures your code is bug-free, dependable, and provides the greatest user experience possible.
- Plan, develop, and ship new features in collaboration with team members.
- Implement security measures that are consistent with the overall security goals.
- Using Kotlin, plan, develop, construct, and release an end-to-end Android mobile app.
Android Kotlin developers are mostly concerned with creating Android apps with solid backend integration. They are in charge of developing and maintaining Android apps from concept to release, as well as continuing product development.
What does it cost to hire a Kotlin developer
In the United States, the average income for a Kotlin developer is $127,500 per year. You can expect to pay $36.58 per hour on average when hiring a Kotlin freelancer. The hourly pricing for a Kotlin freelancer might range from $15 to $60 per hour, depending on the developer’s experience, location, availability, and other programming languages necessary.
What are the most crucial qualities to look for in a Kotlin programmer?
Because Kotlin applications can be written in a variety of paradigms, developers should be familiar with procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming. They should be familiar with null safety and the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
What exactly does a Kotlin programmer do?
Kotlin programmers create programs using the Kotlin programming language. Android apps are the most common, but they are not the only ones. They will be required to correct defects in current code and test new code before it is made public, in addition to programming, continuous development, and optimization.
Kotlin is a modern, open-source language that is fully compatible with Java. Google has shifted its focus to Kotlin for Android app development, and this has had a significant impact on Kotlin’s growth.
The popularity of Kotlin has soared after Google designated it a recommended language. Furthermore, it has a vibrant community dedicated to making it one of the most popular programming languages.