Flutter is one of the most popular framework among mobile app developers for developing apps as per a StackOverflow survey.
Flutter is a mobile application development platform that offers an entire UI kit for developing scalable and flexible mobile apps consisting of the best typography, icons, and scrolling functions. Since it is a full-fledged cross-platform, developers can create an app in relatively less time and cost-effectively.
It is backed by a large developer community that provides necessary guidance during flutter mobile app development. Since Flutter is a relatively new platform, it is hard to find and hire a flutter developer who truly knows how to work with it. With this article, we aim to assist you in finding the right flutter expert for your next mobile app project.
Understanding job role and responsibilities of a flutter app developer
To hire a flutter developer who is the correct match for your next mobile application project, it is crucial to understand the roles and responsibilities a flutter expert must fulfill. Your developer must be able to proficient in the following:
- Design and development of all types of applications
- Writing clean code as per industry practices
- Fixing bugs, errors, and glitches in the app
- Incorporating new development trends in their apps
Interview questions to consider when looking forward to hiring flutter app developers
An ideal candidate for your flutter app development project must have both technical and soft skills. Your developer will require comprehensive knowledge of the framework to develop complex and challenging mobile apps.
Along with technical expertise, soft skills are equally important as they will impact how a developer will function as a part of a team. Consider following interpersonal skills to hire a flutter developer for your project – creativity, teamwork, work management, communication skills, commitment, problem resolution, etc.
Few questions that you must ask while interviewing a candidate for flutter app development:
- What is your experience in mobile app development?
- Have you worked on the flutter framework before?
- Are any of the flutter apps developed by you available on the play store?
- Please provide proof of your experience.
- Please share your flutter app portfolio.
- Please share your experience with the Dart programming language.
Now that you have decided to hire a flutter developer. Let’s see alternative options that you have in the market to hire a developer. There are three options – hiring a freelancer, selecting an in-house flutter developer/ development team, or choosing an experienced flutter app development company.
Each option comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s do them one by one and find out which one suits your requirement for the next project.
Hire a Flutter developer from a freelancing platform
- You can hire a rising talent at an economical price.
- Flexible payment method – you pay hourly or keep a fixed budget.
- You can divide the project into small segments and can get each segment done by a specific expert.
- Freelancers don’t have anyone to guide them; thus, completing projects on time sometimes becomes challenging.
- They are habitual to work alone; consequently, they might find it hard to coordinate with multiple teams
- Different time zones and languages can cause a communication barrier between you and them.
You can find freelance flutter developers on the following platforms:
Hire flutter app developers for your in-house team
- An in-house team will surely improve your product quality and outcomes.
- It will enable you to customize the product entirely.
- It will ensure seamless coordination between different teams such as design, development, QA testing.
- Even if your app is live, an in-house team can help you with upgrades and updates.
- It is expensive and time-taking.
- It will increase the overall expenditure of your company.
You can find flutter developers for your in-house team on the following platforms:
Hire a flutter app development company
- It will have the required experience and expertise.
- A more reliable option in terms of project delivery.
- It will sign a detailed contract which will contain all the necessary info, especially the cost involved, thus saving you from any hidden charges.
If your development company is situated in a different time zone, then some communication-related issues might come.
You can find experienced flutter development companies on the following platforms:
- IT Firms
Now when you have gathered all the information related to the hiring process. It is time to hire a flutter app developer. If you are a software development company, then you must create your in-house development team. However, it is wise to go for an outsourcing partner with experienced flutter developers if you are an established firm. It will save both your time and money.