Choosing a suitable eCommerce platform for the creation, management, and maintenance of an online store is significant and determines the success and failure of a business. Especially, the small businesses dealing with restricted sources are likely to face impediments when choosing a platform for website development. Here, we will deal with two of the most popular platforms, Magento and Shopify to help people understand which one is the right fit for their business. There are some major differences between these two platforms, so it is necessary to evaluate the options carefully before making the right choice.
Magento and Shopify: Know the Pros and Cons
Let us begin with the basic aspects of what you can expect from both platforms before making the right choice for an e-commerce platform. Here are the merits of choosing the Shopify platform.
- We can choose from massive options of responsive themes on this platform.
- The platform provides a good amount of customer support that is easy to use.
- We can access the app store for enhancing the functionality of your website.
- Shopify is an all-encompassing eCommerce builder.
Here are the Demerits of Shopify
- Most of the themes in Shopify come with price tags.
- The integration of apps from Shopify into a store makes it complex.
- Every transaction requires a fee unless we implement the payment modes of Shopify.
Pros of Magento:
Here are the pros of Magento we need to consider.
- Magento has an outstanding community that provides support to users.
- We can choose from a wide range of themes.
- Some platforms are flexible with lots of options for customization.
- Support available on phone contains two extensions.
- We need not have knowledge of coding for Magento eCommerce
- Magento is open-source and free for users.
Cons of Magento:
- Magento is difficult for users in the beginning.
- We need a lot of time to set up this platform.
- Although it is free, there are additional costs needed to set up the store.
- Contains a learning curve.>
Things to Review
While in the above paragraphs, we can read the pros and cons of Shopify and Magento, we need to go through the comprehensive features of both to understand them properly. For instance, the app store of Shopify contains about 1200 apps, in free and premium categories to cater to different areas of business, such as shipping, social media advertising, and the email market. On the other hand, Magento has over five thousand extensions, out of which over nineteen hundred are available for free. So, should we choose Shopify eCommerce Web Development or stick to Magento? Check the analysis below.
Shopify offers a straightforward and easy-to-use interface and the right option for those with little or no technical knowledge. Some of its primary features include.
- Insertion of customized images into the themes.
- Customers can choose from a wide range of personalized themes due to easy customization options.
- Easy ways to set up various options of payment.
- Comes with drag and drop editors to create a website design you prefer.
Magento, on the other hand, can appear a little complicated for beginners. It comes with a learning curve as we need to follow certain terms while using this platform. First-time users can find several impediments while using this platform but when we are keen to make our business shine and want it to be scalable and contemporary, Magento is the right fit for the coming years. Here are the key features we have assembled about Magento. While reading the features below, we can develop an understanding of whether to go for Magento website development to let the business grow.
- Magento comes with a lot of flexibility, which helps in developing a consolidated solution.
- It comes with a wide range of customization options so that we can create an e-commerce store with an easy user interface.
- It comes with a user guide to set up our e-commerce platform.
Payment Gateways and Transaction Fees
The payment gateways allow our website to accept online payments. Although both Shopify and Magento come with flexible options, we need to find out which one offers the best.
- Shopify supports over a hundred payment gateways, which come with a transaction fee that the platform imposes.
- Magento supports over 150 payment gateways, both of which are suitable for large businesses so Magento eCommerce development is more favorable for many users.
Magento is superior when it comes to SEO and includes several guidelines to allow us to begin. For instance, we can alter the image alt tags and customize the URLs to allow users to locate the webpages more easily. Most of these features are built-in.
Shopify, on the other hand, relies on apps for search engine optimization. Although we can make necessary changes in image alt tags and page titles, we have to look into the app store to learn more about the SEO tactics.
The developers can avail of our eCommerce web development services and choose the right platform to meet their needs and facilitate the growth of the business they serve.