How Mobile Apps Have Revolutionized The Food & Beverages Industry?
- Friday, April 26, 2019
- 5 Min Read
Similarly, for the food and beverages industry, it fueled the Marketing and traffic of customers. People used to stand in long queues and wait for their food to be prepared. It used to consume a lot of their time. Even there is a lot of traffic these days on roads, which makes it really annoying for people to travel to their favorite restaurants to enjoy their meals. This is where mobile apps have helped a lot of customers all around the globe. Let us learn more about the usability of mobile apps in the food and beverages industry. Read the entire article to learn different areas where the mobile apps have revolutionized food and beverages industry.
With the growing usage of smartphones, customer friendly applications have been developed according to the crucial needs of the customer. Mobile apps have been a boon to the food and beverages industry. They have helped classify the restaurants’ ventures and make it much comfortable as well as convenient for you to dine with your family or friends.
Mobile apps affect the food and beverages industry on a grand scale. Here are of the ways mentioned. You should read the entire article to know more about it.
- The delivery options available on the mobile app have been the most significant revolution. It has turned out to be extremely mainstream among millions of customers and restaurants. Restaurants have started getting huge orders from homes. Customers are not required to move out of their homes and can enjoy their food at home in the most comfortable ways. It saves them from driving on a busy road and gets their meals delivered to their doorstep.
- The restaurant business has skyrocketed because of more traffic on these mobile apps. There is a boost in the orders placed per day due to new customers getting introduced to different restaurants through mobile apps. People who never knew or heard the name of a few restaurants are now ordering their favorite meals from them.
- The geo-location feature has been pivotal in helping customers to move into a new restaurant even before they venture into their natural area. The location-based search options available on these apps have predominantly enabled location-based services like geo-fencing and beacons. They have served the brands to show their customers the beautiful location of their restaurants. It has led to substantial potential customers moving into the area based eateries.
- Pre-booking options are also available which can be used to book your tables as well as food. You will be served with the menu when you walk in. That is a time-saving option for you. It will save you time when you go out and plan to eat. Think of having your own table in the restaurants which you love, or the spot which you adore. There is a bunch of hungry eaters who will not tend to wait and usually, restaurants tend to be over crowdy.
- Some restaurants tend to send you pop-ups or messages as soon as you walk into them. The messages contain the best offers or discounts or the special menu running for the day. It is an excellent plan for clients to have a budget meal. Mobile apps have customized these facilities for millions of users today.
- The mobile food apps are not at all difficult to use. Anyone using a Smartphone can learn and use it very conveniently. The UI/UX of these applications is designed so smartly that any customer can easily navigate, see icons and make payments safely. It will, in turn, save time and effort, and urge your loved ones to order food using mobile apps more frequently than going out.
- There are a lot of payment options available on these mobile apps. There are mobile wallets, debit cards, credit cards, UPI, net banking and cash on delivery options available for making the payment of your food. You can opt for anyone according to your convenience. Check for the best methods that fit for you as all transactions are carried out very safely, keeping your personal details and information very safe.
- Mobile apps have menus of each restaurant which the client can check before walking in. One can check if their favorite dish is available somewhere or not. He or She can finally go to a place where the favorite dish is available. You can also check the prices of every food item on the menu chart available on mobile apps. You can have your budget plan accordingly.
Thus, mobile apps are genuinely doing to a great extent in bringing drastic changes to the lifestyle of people. It is a jolly ride for them to get the food delivered from their favorite place directly to their homes free of cost with the help of these apps. Things have started to get better and small scale restaurant businesses have even started doing much better than ever. In the competitive market where all are having a neck to neck competition with each other in marketing their businesses, the online platform is something that is adding the boost to their growth.
Customer Ratings and Feedback have Skyrocketed Customer Loyalty
Customers are considered “always right”, and they should be pleased with any cost. It is vital in the part of a business to listen to the customer’s words and feedbacks when you serve them. It is essential on the part of a business to listen to a customer’s feedbacks about you, and if they like you, you have earned a new customer to your list. You need to keep the customer which you won, coming to your place because earning a new customer is again a costly thing. So, try to provide discounts and coupons, and call the customer to your site whenever something new is introduced in your restaurants. That way, you can have the customer build a relationship with you, and he or she will prefer to visit you again and again. These have been possible for all food and beverages industries after the introduction of mobile apps.
Enable customers to review your restaurants honestly, and take up their reviews to bring the needful changes in your business. After the mobile app’s facility, any customer can rate you and review you with its feelings related to your food and ambiance. You can definitely work on to improve it if it wasn’t to the satisfaction of the people. The mobile app will, in turn, help you to advertise better food service and ambiance you have. It evades any miscommunication to grow between the customers anymore. All these will help to enhance the production in lesser time.
The chef of a restaurant can also endeavor to present better food service to the customers of the hotels by showing the way a dish is being prepared which adds to more excitement within the people to try new things which are brought up. Mobile applications have made our life much more accessible and comfortable, and we should know to exploit them effectively. For the food and beverages industry and the customers, the mobile apps are a boon to get superb food delivered and enjoyed respectively.
CEO & Founder, @IWebServices : India's leading digital agency that helps global brands develop amazing solutions and connect them to their audience. As CEO, I work with a team of incredibly talented and creative people that blend technology and innovation to augment the best integrated digital solution.
- Web Engineering (14)
- eCommerce (7)
- Frontend Engineering (1)
- Business (9)
- Artificial Intelligence (1)
- Growth Hack (2)
- Events (2)
- User Interface Designing (3)
- Web App Development (5)
- Mobile App Devleopment (19)
Most Popular Posts
- Best Frameworks and Tools to Build Progressive Web App
- Top 10 Programming Languages in 2018
- Everything you Need to Know about Magento
- How much does it cost to make a Mobile App?
- Developing an On-Demand Food Delivery App Like UberEats
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.