Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
How Much Does It Cost To Build a Grocery Delivery Mobile App?
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- 6 Min Read
Of all the sectors influenced by technology, the domain of grocery delivery has been phenomenally moved. From the local store at the right corner of your lane to the one in the right upper hand corner of your mobile screen, grocery delivery apps have added flexibility to the entire sector. According to research, around 35% of users worldwide prefer buying groceries through mobile apps. And why not, who would like to stand in long queues when you can buy goods sitting in your homes at your own convenience.
Considering the above, the future of grocery delivery mobile apps are highly promising. The fact that such online apps tend to provide exemplified experience to consumers, their numbers are rising exponentially in the marketplace. If you too are on the journey to build a mobile app driven grocery business, following the right path is ideal. Layering resources upon the right strategy would fetch you the ultimate results.
But, Why An App?
Many would still be in the dilemma as to why do you need an app? How will a shopping app affect users? Will it benefit?
Do not believe until and unless you are convinced on the benefits of the grocery delivery mobile apps.
- Mobile apps are available 24/7. Where the local stores or the supermarket are time specific, mobile apps selling grocery can be accessed at any point of the day.
- Grocery delivery mobile apps come with a range of items to be bought. You need not visit the conventional brick and mortar store and then look here and there to finally track a product. Instead, simply open an app, search for the product by typing its name and there you are. List of the product’s from different stores pop up in a couple of seconds.
- Also, these apps have a plethora of deal and discounts which help you save a considerable amount of money.
- Mobile apps have embedded GPS and so users can track their order live.
- Where the traditional stores restrict you to pay either in cash or with a card, grocery mobile apps have a plenitude of payment options. From in-app purchases to paytm and Google Pay, you have multiple payment options.
- Users reviews and ratings are a better way to assess the quality of a product improving your shopping experience.
Sounds wonderful, right?
Yes, it is wonderful. Online apps not only ease the entire process of shopping but also enhances it further.
Now, let’s stop jabbering and head straight towards how grocery mobile apps work and how much does it cost to build the same?
Types Of Grocery Delivery Apps
The word itself chills down the spine, right?
Well, it surely does and if you are a woman, then the thought alone fascinates you. Well, the term grocery delivery includes several kinds of app. So, when you are deciding on the cost of app development, you need to first pick the type of app to be developed.
E-Commerce Grocery Delivery Apps
Well, we all are familiar with the terms of e-Commerce apps. Flipkart, Amazon occupies a place in nearly every smartphone. And these apps are not just fashion and lifestyle specific but extend to grocery delivery. Users can easily add items to their cart and then choose a particular day and time to schedule the delivery.
Standalone Grocery Delivery Apps
These are solely dedicated to grocery selling. Standalone grocery delivery apps have been tailored to privilege users with a fresh and extensive blend of fruits and vegetables, pulses and lentils, along with other items. Grofers, Big basket are a few among them.
Supermarket Grocery App
Witnessing the advent of online grocery delivery apps, supermarket or local stores are now integrating online apps to promote and further sell their products to users direct at their doorstep. And you know what these in-store apps are one step ahead of the other two. They use beacon technology along with push notifications to update users on the trending sales when they are somewhere near the store.
Choice Of Platform
Another crucial factor while deploying an app is the platform on which you wish to build the app. You can opt for a native app or a cross platform app. For native apps, you can choose the Android platform or the iOS platform. Each have their own requirements but your choice depends on multiple factors. Based on the targeted users, you can choose either of them.
Features Embedded In Grocery Delivery Apps
Now, irrespective of the kind of app you wish to embed for your business you need to have features, some basic and some advanced. So, moving forward with our discussion, let’s see what features should you employ in your app?
Basic Features – User End
Social Media Integration
Having a user registration page is a must but don’t you think that a user would avoid filling his personal details when he/she can directly register through social media? So, instead of drafting a whorl new registration process, keep it simple and add an option of social media login.
An Option To Search and Look For Products
Allow users to narrow down the search process by simply looking up for products in the search bar. This not only saves a lot of search time but also leverages user experience.
Adding To Cart
One of the most important features required to process shopping adds to cart. Though few developers prefer the buy now button but add to cart saves the product and makes it easier for users to hold on before making a purchase.
Secured Payment Portal
Now adding products and checking out is easier but the moment the user needs to pay, he gets stuck. Try to add third-party payment options so as to provide a range of payment options to the users and make sure they are encrypted. A secured portal adds to trust a user has in your brand.
This helps users stay updated on their order. A love tracking system gives the user the exact idea on when would the package be delivered.
Here, users can seek advice if they face any problem while using the app. Every app must live assistance to help users as and when required.
Sending messages to users on the latest deals and discounts entices them to initiate a purchase.
Ratings and Reviews
Customer feedback is an important aspect of every business. Accepting users suggestions help you improve your app performance and likewise customer experience.
Features- Admin Panel
This is the app you need to build for the store managers to keep a track on orders received and monitoring the same.
A single place to keep track of the orders received and delivered, along with the outstanding ones.
Here, the admin manages all the items present in the store and further update the same on the app.
Here, the admin after accepting an order would assign the same to delivery personnel.
Analyzing User Behavior
Keeping track of who the regular customers are and then devising their marketing strategy based on the above helps leverage sales and likewise revenue.
Features- Delivery Panel
Accepting Or Rejecting Orders
Delivery personnel has the freedom to either accept or reject orders.
This helps the delivery executive to connect with the users.
Tracking users destination is what this feature does.
Delivery executives use this to notify store managers on completion of delivery.
Now that you have chosen the type of app and the features to be embedded in the app, it’s time to see what kind of design you need to base your app on. It is important to have a functional layout of the app both in terms of UI and UX. If your app fails to attract the user, it is likely that they would not use it, no matter how exceptional your features are.
Cost Of Development
Lacing up all of the above-said aspects, we can determine the cost of developing a grocery delivery app. The platform, the features, the type of app, technologies used, and the human effort laid to build the app finally sums up to the total cost of development. Though the rough figure lies somewhere near $15k, yet the exact figure would depend on your choice and decisions made.
No doubt the grocery app delivery is flourishing. You too can benefit from the same but all you need is to be wise while you make your decision.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
When it comes to mobile application development, you will get Android and iOS ...
There are a lot of factors that play a crucial role in making your mobile app ...
Initially launched in 2010, OpenCart is one of the most popular online store m...
- Reasons to Choose Kotlin for Android Application Development
- Top Mobile Application UI Design Trends to Follow in 2020
- Reasons Why eCommerce Startups Prefer OpenCart
- Celebrate 2020 With iWebServices
- Why React Native is Good for Hybrid App Development?
- Impact of Halloween on eCommerce
- How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like TaskRabbit?
- How to Select Best Mobile App Development Company for Your Business?
- Why you should Choose React Native for Enterprise App Development?
- How IoT Mobile App Development Services can Boost Your Business?
- 10 Mobile App Development Trends to Watch in 2020
- Thinking of Starting an eCommerce Business? Here’s The Checklist!
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website?
- Android 10: Top 8 Features and Comparison with iOS 13
- Top 5 Reasons to Hire Offshore Mobile App Developers
- Everything You Need To Know About FaceApp
- How to Build an App Like Alexa?
- 5 Latest Trends In Mobile ios App Development
- How to Optimize Restaurant App Performance to Bring More Returns?
- Android Vs ios: Which is Better for Start-Up?
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.