Hiring a Drupal developer might seem like an easy task at first, but once you have done so unsuccessfully in the past, you start to realize what a mammoth task it is truly. Hence, this blog is dedicated to all those trying to find reliable and efficient Drupal developers. Hence, read on to find the best step-by-step guide to hire Drupal developers for your project.
Steps you need to follow to hire excellent Drupal developers for your company
Make sure you know what you need beforehand.
Before looking for a professional to fill the role, you need to be clear about what the role is. To avoid frustration concerning the job title and the job description, you must define your project requirements very well. Try to be as transparent about your needs and aspirations for development early on so that the developers you are hiring know what they are getting into.
Decide the location where you want to post the opening.
Here are some of the places that you can use to post your Drupal developer opening online. It is easy to get frustrated about choosing the best option out there; you must make sure that you choose some from the list below:
- Your website
- Writing to drupal development companies
- Freelancing sites
- Job portals online
- Social media channels and handles
- Word of mouth
Find out what the candidate’s social media looks like
When you have some contenders from Drupal development services, it is often helpful to do a little snooping on social media to find out what they’re like. You can also put some effort into finding out the kind of projects they have been part of in the past and finding out their performance. This helps you get an idea about their work style and whether it fits into the kind of expert you’re looking for. Here are some of the other attributes that you can look for in your prospective hires:
- Their recommendations
- Their summary section on social media
- Their experience of projects and work
- Their time between projects and the efficiency they command when they are working full time on a project
- How efficient they are in finishing tasks
- How they perform in groups and discussions
Shortlisting the candidates that you have selected
When you have the final list of candidates, and you have gone through their social media profile to find out what they’re like, you must start shortlisting them based on some other factors such as
- Be ultra-specific with their resume – If you are reading their resume, you must make sure that you are looking for the right things. You must look for specific words and experiences that augment your requirements. You must keep your needs and the needs of your organization above all and hence, ensure that the person is, in fact, perfect for you
- Consider the level of experience they have in your field – You must take into account the fact whether they have any experience in your niche or not. This is most important if you are not going to a Drupal web development company and hiring freelance developers for your in-house team instead.
- Give them scenarios during an interview and find out how they would react – This helps to give you a sneak peek inside their brains and how they would handle real-world problems as and when they work in the organization. Give them specific scenarios to get better answers rather than general ones.
- Check whether they interact with their community – Developers need to be active in their communities. By being part of their communities, they stay up to date with the latest advancements in technology and ensure that they are doing their work in the most efficient way possible.
Evaluation of the technical and financial parts of the hiring
To find out if they have the required technical expertise, you must ask them to show you a part of their code or ask them to write something for you then and there. That way, you can ensure that they have the expertise they talk about and are good at thinking on their feet. Financially, you must be prepared for a stretched-out negotiation regarding either the cost of the whole project or the cost of hiring the developer every month. This has to be done per the preferred style of compensation of the developer.
Hence, you need to take care of some of the things when you think of hiring
a Drupal developer. We hope these methodologies and practices help you find the perfect fit for your project. If you are looking forward to hire Drupal developers, feel free to contact us. We have the best talents in the industry.