Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Shopify Vs Magento: – Which One Is Best For You?
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- 3 Min Read
Choosing a suitable eCommerce platform for the creation, management, and maintenance of an online store is significant and determines the success and failure of a business. Especially, the small businesses dealing with restricted sources are likely to face impediments when choosing a platform for website development. Here, we will deal with two of the most popular platforms, Magento and Shopify to help people understand which one is the right fit for their business. There are some major differences between these two platforms, so it is necessary to evaluate the options carefully before making the right choice.
Magento and Shopify: Know the Pros and Cons
Let us begin with the basic aspects of what you can expect from both the platforms before making the right choice for an e-commerce platform. Here are the merits of choosing the Shopify platform.
- We can choose from massive options of responsive themes in this platform.
- The platform provides a good amount of customer support that is easy to use.
- We can access the app store for enhancing the functionality of your website.
- Shopify is an all-encompassing eCommerce builder.
Here are the Demerits of Shopify
- Most of the themes in Shopify come with price tags.
- The integration of apps from Shopify into a store makes it complex.
- Every transaction requires a fee unless we implement the payment modes of Shopify.
Pros of Magento:
Here are the pros of Magento we need to consider.
- Magento has an outstanding community that provides support to users.
- We can choose from a wide range of themes.
- Some platforms are flexible with lots of options for customization.
- Support available on phone contains two extensions.
- We need not have knowledge of coding for Magen to eCommerce
- Magento is open-source and free for users.
Cons of Magento:
- Magento is difficult for users in the beginning.
- We need a lot of time to set up this platform.
- Although it is free, there are additional costs needed to set up the store.
- Contains a learning curve.
Things to Review
While in the above paragraphs, we can read the pros and cons of Shopify and Magento, we need to go through the comprehensive features of both to understand them properly. For instance, the app store of Shopify contains about 1200 apps, in free and premium categories to cater to different areas of business, such as shipping, social media advertising, and email market. On the other hand, Magento has over five thousand extensions, out of which over nineteen hundred are available for free. So, should we choose Shopify eCommerce Web Development or stick to Magento? Check the analysis below.
Shopify offers a straightforward and easy to use interface, and the right option for those with little or no technical knowledge. Some of its primary features include.
- Insertion of customized images into the themes.
- Customers can choose from a wide range of personalized themes due to easy customization options.
- Easy ways to set up various options of payment.
- Comes with drag and drop editors to create a website design you prefer.
Magento, on the other hand, can appear a little complicated for beginners. It comes with a learning curve as we need to follow certain terms while using this platform. The first-time users can find several impediments while using this platform but when we are keen to make our business shine and want it to be scalable and contemporary, Magento is the right fit for the coming years. Here are the key features we have assembled about Magento. While reading the features below, we can develop an understanding of whether to go for Magento website development to let the business grow.
- Magento comes with a lot of flexibility, which helps in developing a consolidated solution.
- It comes with a wide range of customization options so that we can create an e-commerce store with an easy user interface.
- It comes with a user guide to set up our e-commerce platform.
Payment Gateways and Transaction Fees
The payment gateways allow our website to accept online payments. Although both Shopify and Magento come with flexible options, we need to find out which one offers the best.
- Shopify supports over a hundred payment gateways, which comes with a transaction fee that the platform imposes.
- Magento supports over 150 payment gateways, both of which are suitable for large businesses so Magento eCommerce development is more favorable for many users.
Magento is superior when it comes to SEO and includes several guidelines to allow us to begin. For instance, we can alter the image alt tags and customize the URLs to allow users to locate the webpages more easily. Most of these features are built-in.
Shopify, on the other hand, relies on apps for search engine optimization. Although we can make necessary changes in image alt tags and page titles, we have to look into the app store to learn more about the SEO tactics.
The developers can avail of our eCommerce web development services and choose the right platform to meet their needs and facilitate the growth of the business they serve.
Blessed with a sound expertise in Web & Mobile technologies, Mark nurtures a great passion for writing. As a tech-geek, he possesses in-depth knowledge of programming, architecture & cloud-infrastructures and loves writing on diversified topics including Internet-Of-Things, Artificial Intelligence, Progressive Web App, Smart TV & Wearable & more.
The coming of smartphones have changed the way people view the world. Estimates suggest that ther...
Before proceeding further and learning about the differences that ...
Are you planning to build an app for your business but not sure wh...
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
- Why Businesses Are Heading More Towards Android App Development
- How a Progressive Web App Development Company Can Determine the Future of Mobile Web Apps
- Best Steps to Focus At While You Hire PHP Developer
- Services You Can Get Only From a Reputed Android App Development Company
- What 5 Points You Can Expect To Get From Android App Development Company
- Tune In For the Finest Mobile Application Design Tips for World Class Results
You might also like
Shopify eCommerce Web Development,  Shopify VS Shopify Plus,  Shopify Web Development
eCommerce Web Development,  Magento development,  Magento eCommerce development,  Shopify eCommerce Web Development,  Shopify Web Development
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.