PHP is the acronym of Hypertext Pre-processor, it is a general-purpose, server-side scripting language that is used to build websites and web applications. A dedicated PHP developer uses this language to create fast, secure, and reliable web pages, it is one of the common programming languages in the web industry. PHP has many advantages such as-
- It runs on any platform such as Windows, Linux, etc.
- It is easily compatible with Apache, IIS, etc. servers.
- It supports Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, etc.
- Web developers mostly use PHP because it helps them with the easy methods, functions, and syntax of this language.
- Hypertext Preprocessor also supports open-source databases and data management systems.
- Apart from this, PHP is also compatible with open-source software integration such as osCommerce, Drupal, Joomla, Typo3, etc.
Since its inception, PHP has been one of the good choices for web development and for making dynamic web pages. PHP is chosen by most business organizations to develop their website without any well-maintained structure.
It has a standard library that works exceptionally to build dynamic web pages. Web developers choose PHP because of its compatible nature, swift performance, and flexible structure.
Qualities of a successful PHP developer
If you want to hire PHP developers, then you must check all their skills and abilities so that they can fit properly for your organization and meet all the requirements of your clients.
A successful PHP developer should have multiple skills and should have the skills of problem-solving. One should have the compatibility to work with his team members and deliver a quality website. Now let us see the skills of a PHP developer in more depth-
They must also be compatible with various databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle. Hence, if the candidate has a good knowledge of technical skills, it will set their way to be a valuable member of a good development team.
Compatible with Composer, PSR, and PHP Unit
These are some of the best tools that will help the candidate to become a dedicated PHP developer. A composer is a dependency manager that usually takes care of libraries, functions, and classes and allows the developer to install different versions of each on a per-project basis.
PSR stands for PHP standard Recommendation is a PHP specification that is built to standardize PHP program concepts and enhance the interoperability of PHP components and frameworks.
PHP Unit is a popular testing framework for automatic testing of small units of code. Hence, a candidate applying for PHP developer must have all these skills to lessen the unnecessary variations in PHP code.
Ability to solve problems
It is one of the most important skills of a PHP developer to know how to solve problems. It is a contemporary soft skill. This is crucial for web development. Because while coding or building a website, the PHP developer might face various bugs or problems. So, one must have the ability to find a solution to fix those bugs for a fruitful web development process and make dynamic websites.
Easily adaptable to the changes in PHP
PHP evolves many changes, so the candidates must be versatile and ready to learn. Furthermore, regardless of whether they are sure about their PHP capacities, there are continuously things going on that they can gain from others. If they stay humble and inquisitive, they will continue to push themselves ahead.
Willing to learn and expand PHP knowledge
While conveying any application, web developers should cooperate and master new abilities to help a venture comply with its deadline. If you find that the web developer fits with your business, you need them to develop and stay with your association for the long stretch, so discover their perspectives on self-awareness and provide new training opportunities.
Good Communication Skills
This is regarded as one of the best soft skills that a PHP developer must possess. One might be an expert in the technical field by knowing various programming languages, but one must be a good communicator to work efficiently with his other team members on any project.
One should have the ability to speak with his team members, colleagues, clients, upper hierarchy level and explain how his work will be productive for the organization. Good communication also involves speaking over the mobile phone, via video-conferencing, email as well as messaging.
Roles and responsibilities of a PHP developers
Once you select a candidate for the position of a dedicated PHP developer, you must make him understand and take care of all his roles and responsibilities. Let us discuss some of their responsibilities which are mentioned below-
- Ability to build, test, and install attractive and dynamic websites efficiently within the prescribed time.
- Ability to identify the bugs and solve the problems related to JAVA, CSS, and HTML-based projects.
- Have to test web pages or websites in all sorts of browsers including mobile, laptops, and tablets.
- The PHP developer candidate has to address all issues identified by customer feedback.
- One needs to research and explore various topics related to the system design process as well for better website performance.
- One needs to be a good communicator in order to communicate with other development teams and the management authority to solve various problems, conflicts and develop new criteria for new content.
- The candidate should be a good planner to keep the website updated every time. They can also recommend improvements for website performance and choose the best developing tool for, programming languages and applications for the betterment of the organization.
- They should be aware of the latest trends and technologies in the web development field. They can enhance their knowledge by reading, attending relevant workshops, conferences, and group meetings.