Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
10 Key Differences Between eCommerce & mCommerce
- Sunday, June 10, 2018
- 2 Min Read
1. Differential devices:
E-Commerce in a broader sense stands for electronic commerce and involves shopping and payment transactions done over the internet using desktop and laptop computers. M-Commerce on the other hand involves the same online shopping done on a mobile device like a smartphone.
2. Maximizing reach:
Mobile devices are portable and enable customers to do their online shopping and the reachability is more as mobile devices are portable and a large part of population uses a Smartphone compared to desktops which are stationary.
3. Convenience factor:
mCommerce enable online shopping from anywhere and on the move compared to a stationary desktop or a laptop which has limitations. For example, it will be difficult to do a transaction on a laptop standing and holding it while one can do it easily with a mobile Smartphone on the move.
mCommerce is more recent with mobile apps like in the 2000’s compared to eCommerce which has been there from the early 1990’s.
5. Security aspect:
The security capabilities of mCommerce are vast and include multi-level authentication through biometric options like fingerprints, face recognition and retina scans which are not present on an eCommerce website normally.
mCommerce needs more optimization to have the shopping features cater to different mobile phone devices and mobile applications of different configurations and display screen sizes compared to eCommerce that have fairly standard screen sizes of a desktop and laptop.
7. Shop front:
mCommerce needs mobile apps or highly optimized mobile websites for online shopping that can cater to different mobile devices unlike a standard eCommerce website.
mCommerce mobile apps for online shopping are more expensive to build and maintain from the technology perspective compared to standard eCommerce websites.
Technology stack used in mCommerce are of hybrid, native apps and mobile store versions compared to simpler technology of web stores in eCommerce.
10. Location tracking:
mCommerce provides location tracking through mobile apps and this helps consumers get on the spot marketing offers on the move on their smartphones unlike laptops and desktops where such options will be more difficult to implement due to lack of portability and being online always. For example a customer walks into a store and gets an SMS alert or mobile app alert of a discount to him from a store in the mall as the store has identified his location in the vicinity of the mall.
Global eCommerce revenue is projected to reach 669 billion USD as against 184 billion in 2014 as per Statista. This is encouraging all businesses to align with the digital tide and jump on to the mCommerce bandwagon.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
As markets are evolving more into digital forms, online shopping is becoming more prevalent in th...
The development of mobile apps for users can help people gain crea...
With the popularity of iOS and Android operating systems, businesses are often unaware and are in...
- Top 5 Tips To Select The Best eCommerce Website Development Company
- Everything You Need To Know About Mobile App Development
- Why React Native is the Future of Hybrid App Development?
- How to Choose the Best eCommerce Development Company?
- What Is the Future of Cross-platform App Development?
- How to Make Your Website Ready For The Holiday Season?
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
You might also like
CakePHP development,  CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter,  Codeigniter development,  Laravel Development
dedicated website developer,  hire a dedicated website developer,  mobile application development,  web apps
hire a dedicated website developer,  hire dedicated web developers,  hire web developers,  hire web programmers,  hiring a website programmer
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.