Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
10 Key Differences Between eCommerce & mCommerce
- Sunday, June 10, 2018
- 2 Min Read
1. Differential devices:
E-Commerce in a broader sense stands for electronic commerce and involves shopping and payment transactions done over the internet using desktop and laptop computers. M-Commerce on the other hand involves the same online shopping done on a mobile device like a smartphone.
2. Maximizing reach:
Mobile devices are portable and enable customers to do their online shopping and the reachability is more as mobile devices are portable and a large part of population uses a Smartphone compared to desktops which are stationary.
3. Convenience factor:
mCommerce enable online shopping from anywhere and on the move compared to a stationary desktop or a laptop which has limitations. For example, it will be difficult to do a transaction on a laptop standing and holding it while one can do it easily with a mobile Smartphone on the move.
mCommerce is more recent with mobile apps like in the 2000’s compared to eCommerce which has been there from the early 1990’s.
5. Security aspect:
The security capabilities of mCommerce are vast and include multi-level authentication through biometric options like fingerprints, face recognition and retina scans which are not present on an eCommerce website normally.
mCommerce needs more optimization to have the shopping features cater to different mobile phone devices and mobile applications of different configurations and display screen sizes compared to eCommerce that have fairly standard screen sizes of a desktop and laptop.
7. Shop front:
mCommerce needs mobile apps or highly optimized mobile websites for online shopping that can cater to different mobile devices unlike a standard eCommerce website.
mCommerce mobile apps for online shopping are more expensive to build and maintain from the technology perspective compared to standard eCommerce websites.
Technology stack used in mCommerce are of hybrid, native apps and mobile store versions compared to simpler technology of web stores in eCommerce.
10. Location tracking:
mCommerce provides location tracking through mobile apps and this helps consumers get on the spot marketing offers on the move on their smartphones unlike laptops and desktops where such options will be more difficult to implement due to lack of portability and being online always. For example a customer walks into a store and gets an SMS alert or mobile app alert of a discount to him from a store in the mall as the store has identified his location in the vicinity of the mall.
Global eCommerce revenue is projected to reach 669 billion USD as against 184 billion in 2014 as per Statista. This is encouraging all businesses to align with the digital tide and jump on to the mCommerce bandwagon.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
The fact that progressive web apps function better than the mobile site is a f...
Whether you are trying to design a website or trying to develop it, scripting ...
With smartphones being everywhere, there is a surge in android app development...
- How a Progressive Web App Development Company Can Determine the Future of Mobile Web Apps
- Best Steps to Focus At While You Hire PHP Developer
- Services You Can Get Only From a Reputed Android App Development Company
- What 5 Points You Can Expect To Get From Android App Development Company
- Tune In For the Finest Mobile Application Design Tips for World Class Results
- Trends to Figure Out In Progressive Web App Development
- Reasons to Hire PHP Developers for Your Next Web Development Project
- Things on Which Mobile App Design Services Must Focus For Android Apps
- Trends to Follow Before You Hire Mobile App Design Services
- How to Hire PHP Developer to Make Your Business Shine
- What to Know Before You Hire Dedicated Website Developer
- Things to Know Before You Hire Android App Development Company
- How Progressive Web Apps are Ready for Enterprises
- How Enterprises Should Prepare for iOS App Development
- Hiring a PHP Developer? Important Facts to Know
- Are Progressive Web Apps Important? Know Why?
- Reasons Why Startups should have an iPhone Application
- iPhone App Development Trends that Every Developer should Follow
- Seeking to Work Remotely? Explore Interesting Facts
- Is it the Right Decision to Develop your Website with PHP?
You might also like
web apps,  dedicated website developer,  hire a dedicated website developer,  mobile application development
hire a dedicated website developer,  hiring a website programmer,  hire dedicated web developers,  hire web programmers,  hire web developers
hire Kotlin developers,  mobile application development,  Android Application Development,  Android applications
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.