Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
10 Key Differences Between eCommerce & mCommerce
- Sunday, June 10, 2018
- 2 Min Read
1. Differential devices:
E-Commerce in a broader sense stands for electronic commerce and involves shopping and payment transactions done over the internet using desktop and laptop computers. M-Commerce on the other hand involves the same online shopping done on a mobile device like a smartphone.
2. Maximizing reach:
Mobile devices are portable and enable customers to do their online shopping and the reachability is more as mobile devices are portable and a large part of population uses a Smartphone compared to desktops which are stationary.
3. Convenience factor:
mCommerce enable online shopping from anywhere and on the move compared to a stationary desktop or a laptop which has limitations. For example, it will be difficult to do a transaction on a laptop standing and holding it while one can do it easily with a mobile Smartphone on the move.
mCommerce is more recent with mobile apps like in the 2000’s compared to eCommerce which has been there from the early 1990’s.
5. Security aspect:
The security capabilities of mCommerce are vast and include multi-level authentication through biometric options like fingerprints, face recognition and retina scans which are not present on an eCommerce website normally.
mCommerce needs more optimization to have the shopping features cater to different mobile phone devices and mobile applications of different configurations and display screen sizes compared to eCommerce that have fairly standard screen sizes of a desktop and laptop.
7. Shop front:
mCommerce needs mobile apps or highly optimized mobile websites for online shopping that can cater to different mobile devices unlike a standard eCommerce website.
mCommerce mobile apps for online shopping are more expensive to build and maintain from the technology perspective compared to standard eCommerce websites.
Technology stack used in mCommerce are of hybrid, native apps and mobile store versions compared to simpler technology of web stores in eCommerce.
10. Location tracking:
mCommerce provides location tracking through mobile apps and this helps consumers get on the spot marketing offers on the move on their smartphones unlike laptops and desktops where such options will be more difficult to implement due to lack of portability and being online always. For example a customer walks into a store and gets an SMS alert or mobile app alert of a discount to him from a store in the mall as the store has identified his location in the vicinity of the mall.
Global eCommerce revenue is projected to reach 669 billion USD as against 184 billion in 2014 as per Statista. This is encouraging all businesses to align with the digital tide and jump on to the mCommerce bandwagon.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
When it comes to mobile application development, you will get Android and iOS ...
There are a lot of factors that play a crucial role in making your mobile app ...
Initially launched in 2010, OpenCart is one of the most popular online store m...
- Reasons to Choose Kotlin for Android Application Development
- Top Mobile Application UI Design Trends to Follow in 2020
- Reasons Why eCommerce Startups Prefer OpenCart
- Celebrate 2020 With iWebServices
- Why React Native is Good for Hybrid App Development?
- Impact of Halloween on eCommerce
- How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like TaskRabbit?
- How to Select Best Mobile App Development Company for Your Business?
- Why you should Choose React Native for Enterprise App Development?
- How IoT Mobile App Development Services can Boost Your Business?
- 10 Mobile App Development Trends to Watch in 2020
- Thinking of Starting an eCommerce Business? Here’s The Checklist!
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website?
- Android 10: Top 8 Features and Comparison with iOS 13
- Top 5 Reasons to Hire Offshore Mobile App Developers
- Everything You Need To Know About FaceApp
- How to Build an App Like Alexa?
- 5 Latest Trends In Mobile ios App Development
- How to Optimize Restaurant App Performance to Bring More Returns?
- Android Vs ios: Which is Better for Start-Up?
You might also like
hire Kotlin developers,  mobile application development,  Android Application Development,  Android applications
opencart development company,  opencart website development,  opencart development services,  hire opencart developer
react development agency,  react native app development,  hire react native app developers,  React Native Development Company,  react native development agency
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.