Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
- 3 Min Read
The modern times have changed and we can choose from several frameworks for building websites. Each of these frameworks come with several features and functionalities that allow a business to reach the pinnacle. CakePHP, Laravel, and CodeIgniter are three of the commonest frameworks from which to choose. However, if businesses cannot make the right choice from these three options, here is how our analysis comes to help.
We can begin with the analysis of CakePHP and CodeIgniter as both of them several similarities.
- Both these frameworks are based on the Model View Controller architecture and use4 various routing methods.
- In terms of simplicity, we will favor CodeIgniter as in the latter coding happens within the libraries, and the developers can access various activities that occur during CodeIgniter web development.
- Although the coding work in CakePHP is easy and effortless, the developers need to go in-depth to access more information.
MVC or Model View Controller
We have already mentioned that CakePHP and CodeIgniter follows the same track.
- Both CodeIgniter and CakePHP focuses on MVC architecture. However, in CodeIgniter we can go with website development without organizing the MVC model, which makes the code insecure and allow people to access the add query filtration.
- In CakePHP, we cannot build a website without using the MVC model. However, we need to look forward to a Cake development website with the help of professional web building companies.
As far as the layout is concerned, CakePHP comes with a layout where the implementation of the header, footer, and the sidebar is an easy task. CodeIgniter, on the other hand uses a direct method for developing a layout with a caching mechanism, which makes the task easy.
When it comes to Laravel framework, we have found it at the top of its popularity right now, as its style favors extensive coding that the developers prefer. This platform also focuses on MVC structure and a command line tool, which is called Artisan. No wonder laravel web development is one of most preferred options for the developers today. Here are a few key features of Laravel the users need to know.
- Laravel comes with its own official documents, which is useful and extensive. We have found an astounding number of Laravel libraries.
- Furthermore Laravel includes its ORM tool and migrations, which facilitates versioning and database changes. Besides, we have also located the Seeder tool for the introduction of test data and packages for varied databases.
- The frontend developers find the Blade template engine useful when they have little or no knowledge of PHP.
- With myriad features, such as database migrations, routing, query builder and eloquent, built-in paginations, and command line tools. The template engine we just discussed is highly useful.
- The Laravel web development projects are costlier than CakePHP and CodeIgniter, but it sticks to its root as far as the MVC architecture is concerned.
CakePHP vs. Laravel vs. CodeIgniter
Here are the things we have come to know while comparing CakePHP and Laravel.
- When creating attractive and intuitive layouts, we should try to make the process hassle-free, but it is not possible a template engine, and this is where Laravel scores over the other options. When compared to CakePHP, Laravel comes with a fantastic and lightweight template engine, which allows the developers to enjoy the flexibility to add various features with ease. Therefore, developer can better decide whether they should focus on using Laravel or CakePHP framework.
- When it comes to community support, we recommend CakePHP as the framework has been in use for a long time. However, in the case of Laravel, we could only find the availability of help through queries or public forums.
- When developers look forward to a framework that is easy to grasp and comes with the least number of obstacles, we need to focus on CodeIgniter. However, for an enterprise-level development project, our choice is Laravel.
- Although CodeIgniter has a bit of learning curve, Laravel offers a higher number of tools and features.
- Laravel, On the other hand, can be challenging for beginners to grasp and developers need to devote a lot of time to understand its different aspects. On the other hand, CodeIgniter is easier to learn and understand as far as the features and functionalities are concerned.
- When it comes to community support, both CodeIgniter and Laravel has a good following as they are open-source. However, the community of Laravel is more spirited and approachable than CodeIgniter, so choosing the former is a much better option.
- Due to its release under MIT license, the source code of Laravel is hosted under GitHub. Therefore, Laravel is more reliable when compared to the rest of the other options.
We have discussed all the three PHP frameworks, namely, CakePHP, Laravel, and CodeIgniter here. The developers need to know the size and requirements of the project before deciding a suitable framework. Besides, we recommend the developers to look into the functionalities and features of each framework properly to use it in the web development project suitably.
We are a PHP web development service offering a wide range of services to customers. They can check our services and select the most suitable framework for their business.
Blessed with a sound expertise in Web & Mobile technologies, Mark nurtures a great passion for writing. As a tech-geek, he possesses in-depth knowledge of programming, architecture & cloud-infrastructures and loves writing on diversified topics including Internet-Of-Things, Artificial Intelligence, Progressive Web App, Smart TV & Wearable & more.
The coming of smartphones have changed the way people view the world. Estimates suggest that ther...
Before proceeding further and learning about the differences that ...
Are you planning to build an app for your business but not sure wh...
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
- Why Businesses Are Heading More Towards Android App Development
- How a Progressive Web App Development Company Can Determine the Future of Mobile Web Apps
- Best Steps to Focus At While You Hire PHP Developer
- Services You Can Get Only From a Reputed Android App Development Company
- What 5 Points You Can Expect To Get From Android App Development Company
- Tune In For the Finest Mobile Application Design Tips for World Class Results
You might also like
CakePHP development,  CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter,  Codeigniter development,  Laravel Development
dedicated website developer,  hire a dedicated website developer,  mobile application development,  web apps
hire a dedicated website developer,  hire dedicated web developers,  hire web developers,  hire web programmers,  hiring a website programmer
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.