Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- Monday, July 13, 2020
- 3 Min Read
The differences between React Native and Native app development have reached its limit, and what businesses need today is their presence on both iOS and Android platforms. Users are indeed divided when it comes to deciding between React Native and Native and Native apps. If you cannot decide whether to rely on native or React Native apps, you need to explore both of them carefully and review the opportunities before making the right decision.
React Native is a framework of Facebook that aids cross-platform app development, which implies that developers need to create apps separately for iOS and Android. You need a single codebase to develop attractive apps that are suitable for both platforms without compromising the UI or UX experience.
Here are a few things to note about React Native apps.
- Single codebase
One of the best reasons to hire react native developer is to utilize the opportunity to write a single code base that suits iOS and Android platforms.
- Development time and convenience for developers
- Open-source and viewing changes
As an open-source framework, React Native includes the feature of code inspection, and the library is believed to be compliant with various other platforms. It also comes with Hot Reloading feature, which allows the app development companies to view the changes they need to make to the app on their screens within real-time.
The React Native platform allows developers to reuse various elements of apps while entering iOS and Android systems, so it costs lower than the other frameworks.
Features of native apps
The native apps also have their advantages, which the following points cover.
- Security and support
Google and Apple provide security to native technology, making it a more dependable option. As an evolving option, the native technology has already proved its worth and quite naturally far ahead of the cross-platform players. As far as native technology’s security is concerned, it includes the power of hardware for processing the necessary tasks and protecting the data.
- Compliant with systems and more convenient
The dedicated platforms help in writing lower-level code and provide more control over the environment. Moreover, the developers can quickly debug, analyze the problems, and fix them easily. The native apps are compliant with systems, and an iOS developer need not worry about the compatibility of this platform with the rest. Furthermore, it is easier to identify the errors and issues in native apps. Despite using different versions of native apps across various devices, all refer to the same principles of functioning. The apps you write in native technologies can improve the user experience.
- Improved performance
As far as the native technology’s performance is concerned, you can use it to the fullest extent with the highest speed, power of computation, and graphics.
Cons of React Native apps
It is necessary to learn more about the features of React Native apps to let you make better decisions when you hire mobile app developer.
- No native aspects
One of the React Native app downsides is not allowing the developer to use the native components, such as Voice Recorder and Camera.
- Third-party libraries and native APIs
The React Native apps are much behind the native technology, which does not provide access to third-party libraries. To use the native libraries, the incorporation should have been in native modules, which can also lead to a surge in the development efforts. Although React Native has come forward with various updates, it is still behind the native apps as it cannot utilize all the APIs.
Cons of Native apps
Among all the advantages that you read about the native technology, there are negative trends you need to know. One of the biggest disadvantages for the native app developers is to create apps separately for iOS and Android. Due to the development of two different platforms from scratch, it requires more effort and cost.
The closing thoughts
The verdict is out, and the native apps are here to stay longer while the React Native apps portray an uncertain future. Furthermore, React Native needs to keep up with the trends. The trends that appear on the native apps can take more time to integrate with React Native apps so businesses can choose apps based on their requirements.
Blessed with a sound expertise in Web & Mobile technologies, Mark nurtures a great passion for writing. As a tech-geek, he possesses in-depth knowledge of programming, architecture & cloud-infrastructures and loves writing on diversified topics including Internet-Of-Things, Artificial Intelligence, Progressive Web App, Smart TV & Wearable & more.
Introduction Hiring a Drupal developer might seem like an easy task at first, but once y...
Introduction The travel industry is also experiencing a shift similar to other sectors d...
Introduction Businesses want to have their online platform to sell their products an...
- How to Hire a Drupal Developer - A Step by Step Guide
- Travel App Development - Features, Benefits & Cost Estimates
- Why is Magento Best for E-commerce Website Development?
- Why Should You Choose AngularJS for Web Application Development in 2021?
- Tips to Hire a Kotlin Developer for Your Android App Development
- Hire Dedicated Developers to Mitigate Mobile App Development Cost
- What Are The Benefits Of Outsourcing React Native App Development?
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire An Android App Developer?
- Expert Tips on How to Hire a PHP Developer
- A Complete Guide to Hire Flutter Developer for your Mobile App Project
- How to Increase Shopify Sales With a Mobile App
- Top 5 PHP Frameworks to Consider for Your Next Project
- 5 Best IDE for CodeIgniter Development to Use in Web Apps 2021
- How to Build a Successful Education Website Using WordPress?
- Top 10 Mobile App Plugin That Will Make Your App Successful in 2021
- Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) - Everything You Need To Know
- Top 4 Emerging Trends Impacting Mobile Application Development Platform in UK
- 20 Web App Ideas: Best Opportunities for Startups in the US
- Steps to hire remote developers for your web and mobile development project
You might also like
hire react native developer,  React Native and Native app development
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.