Simplifying the Dilemma – Python vs Node.JS
- Monday, July 9, 2018
- 2 Min Read
Benefits of Node.js
- Node.js is a fast server-side solution. Node.js is faster compared to Python and is preferred for real-time applications like chat apps or applications with 3D graphics which are memory intensive.
- Node.js is a single-threaded solution. Additional node.js processes can be created with node clusters and workers to make it scalable.
Limitations of Node.js:
- Relatively less efficient when used with CPU intensive operations.
- NPM modules lack proper documentation.
You will find this article useful: How to Choose the Best Node js Framework
Benefits of Python:
- Python is easy to learn and use with its expressive and concise syntax.
- Enables faster development of applications compared to other languages.
- Python has rich libraries for server-side development when compared to Node.js. The Ecosystem modules provide access to features that are not available in the standard library.
Limitations of Python:
- It is not available on mobile and browsers and does not work well in them and complementing it with other languages increases maintenance.
- Domain-specific Languages (DSLs) are not supported in Python that could have helped in optimizing UI development to make it faster.
- Python and Node.js has its own set of benefits and limitations and each one can be used as per the requirement.
CEO & Founder, @IWebServices : India's leading digital agency that helps global brands develop amazing solutions and connect them to their audience. As CEO, I work with a team of incredibly talented and creative people that blend technology and innovation to augment the best integrated digital solution.
- Web Engineering (14)
- eCommerce (7)
- Frontend Engineering (1)
- Business (9)
- Artificial Intelligence (1)
- Growth Hack (2)
- Events (2)
- User Interface Designing (3)
- Web App Development (5)
- Mobile App Devleopment (19)
Most Popular Posts
- Best Frameworks and Tools to Build Progressive Web App
- Top 10 Programming Languages in 2018
- Everything you Need to Know about Magento
- How much does it cost to make a Mobile App?
- Developing an On-Demand Food Delivery App Like UberEats
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.