Programming languages are chosen based on the requirement of the application to be developed which encompasses various parameters to decide the advantages and disadvantages. That brings us to the question – So should you choose Python or Node JS for your project?
Benefits of Node.js
- Node.js is a fast server-side solution. Node.js is faster compared to Python and is preferred for real-time applications like chat apps or applications with 3D graphics which are memory intensive.
- Node.js is a single-threaded solution. Additional node.js processes can be created with node clusters and workers to make it scalable.
Limitations of Node.js:
- Relatively less efficient when used with CPU intensive operations.
- NPM modules lack proper documentation.
You will find this article useful: How to Choose the Best Node js Framework
Benefits of Python:
- Python is easy to learn and use with its expressive and concise syntax.
- Enables faster development of applications compared to other languages.
- Python has rich libraries for server-side development when compared to Node.js. The Ecosystem modules provide access to features that are not available in the standard library.
Limitations of Python:
- It is not available on mobile and browsers and does not work well in them and complementing it with other languages increases maintenance.
- Domain-specific Languages (DSLs) are not supported in Python that could have helped in optimizing UI development to make it faster.
- Python and Node.js has its own set of benefits and limitations and each one can be used as per the requirement.