Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Declining Programming languages
- Sunday, July 1, 2018
- 2 Min Read
Some of the languages on the extinction path are as follows –
PERL: Anyone who has been in the dot-com boom era will remember the PERL language. It used to be the language of the web. Even programming of a simple feedback form used to have a PERL-CGI combo script. PERL has its advantages and the developer community thought it was portable and efficient in its way. But PERL was a piecemeal language as the creators had piled features on top of the other without a vision on how it would fit in the big picture. The creators did acknowledge that the language had issues and began work on Perl 6. But it is still to see the light of the day.
You will find this article useful: Everything You Need to Know About Progressive Web Apps
Other programming languages used for Adobe Flash and AIR has also gone into oblivion like the Action Script. Steve Jobs of Apple did not like Flash as it was heavy on the device processors. He refused to have it on the iPhone. Web developers were forced to create websites that did not need flash. Adobe tried to keep the AIR platform afloat with the tool Flex. But both Flash and AIR did not sustain.
On the decline list are Visual Basic.NET, Objective-C and Delphi’s, Object Pascal. So developers have to be on top of technology and see the trends and adapt fast to sustain their careers.
CEO & Founder, @IWebServices : India's leading digital agency that helps global brands develop amazing solutions and connect them to their audience. As CEO, I work with a team of incredibly talented and creative people that blend technology and innovation to augment the best integrated digital solution.
When it comes to mobile application development, you will get Android and iOS ...
There are a lot of factors that play a crucial role in making your mobile app ...
Initially launched in 2010, OpenCart is one of the most popular online store m...
- Reasons to Choose Kotlin for Android Application Development
- Top Mobile Application UI Design Trends to Follow in 2020
- Reasons Why eCommerce Startups Prefer OpenCart
- Celebrate 2020 With iWebServices
- Why React Native is Good for Hybrid App Development?
- Impact of Halloween on eCommerce
- How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like TaskRabbit?
- How to Select Best Mobile App Development Company for Your Business?
- Why you should Choose React Native for Enterprise App Development?
- How IoT Mobile App Development Services can Boost Your Business?
- 10 Mobile App Development Trends to Watch in 2020
- Thinking of Starting an eCommerce Business? Here’s The Checklist!
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website?
- Android 10: Top 8 Features and Comparison with iOS 13
- Top 5 Reasons to Hire Offshore Mobile App Developers
- Everything You Need To Know About FaceApp
- How to Build an App Like Alexa?
- 5 Latest Trends In Mobile ios App Development
- How to Optimize Restaurant App Performance to Bring More Returns?
- Android Vs ios: Which is Better for Start-Up?
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.