Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Which Platform Should I Choose To Build My New Mobile App: iOS or Android?
- Thursday, May 30, 2019
- 4 Min Read
Every time a business seeks to deploy an app for the promotion, it has two major choices. Either develop using the Android platform or iOS. In case, you wish to deploy both, you might encounter the given below issues:
- The total time required to build the app increases drastically as then the developers need to focus on multiple areas.
- Leveraged time accounts for rising in the total cost of app development and if you are low in budget, then this might be a fatal issue for you
- If in future, you encounter an issue in the app, then the same needs to be modified at all platforms. This in a way increases time and cost overheads.
So, in order to be on the safe side, it is better to deploy on one platform, test the effectiveness of same and then deploy the same on a different platform.
When you are a fresh startup, one wrong move might turn fatal for the success of your organization and when I say this, I totally mean it. Well, you can totally choose to build hybrid apps, but that’s not the solution but alternative. So, focusing on the discussion here, let’s see what is the difference between iOS and Android apps.
No doubt both of the said platforms are highly efficient for business professionals to build apps but recent statistics suggest that the app market is driven 87.6% by Android and around 11.7% by iOS. This is no way suggests that Android apps are more proficient than iOS but only highlights the fact that the app market of Android is much higher than iOS.
Well, we won’t base our discussion just on the above statistics but extend the same to several aspects of mobile app development. And how should you base your choice of a platform when deciding to build an app.
When you are about to get an app deployed for your business, considering the location of your potential customers is significantly important. We are well aware of the fact that Android is emphasized on people across the globe whereas iOS is specifically designed for users of high premium category. One that has higher income and belongs to high society prefer iOS apps. So, if you are developing an app and focusing on a specific region of customers, then you can consider this, factor before deciding on which platform to choose.
No doubt deploying am the app is important to promote business but at the same time, generate revenue. So, before you make the choice of developing an app on either of the platforms, you should consider which platform generates higher revenue. True that iOS apps are paid but this does not mean that they aren’t downloaded. In fact, the download rate of iOS apps is higher as compared to Android users. Where Android apps majorly rely on the ad-support, iOS users need to pay before even downloading the app, forget usage.
According to a survey, the app data collected from iOS users were 45% more than the Android users. So, in case you are focusing on revenue generation as compared to the first factor, then you need to consider iOS apps first.
App Development Cost
This is one of the most important factors when you are debating between the Android and iOS app development platform. Well, it is true that the cost of app development largely depends on the features added in the app but to our surprise, a survey shows that the cost of developing Android apps are far more as compared to iOS apps. Shocking, right?
The above can be attributed to the fact that Android apps work on a range of OS devices. In addition to the above, time taken to build Android apps is much more as to the iOS apps. There are multiple lines code in Android apps and hence the time of development increases followed by the cost of app development. So, if you are low in budget, choosing iOS would be a better option.
Choice of an app development platform next depends on the features you wish to add. According to a survey, the probability to visit e-commerce stores is more for iOS users as compared to Android users. Further, the total number of users making a purchase through iOS apps is 23% and 17% for the Android-based apps. So, if your app is focused on the retail, then iOS apps appear to be more promising than the Android apps.
Earlier, BlackBerry was the sole developer of Enterprise applications but now Apple has emerged successful in building an enterprise application. Also, after a collaboration with IBM, iOS has several enterprise solutions. So, here again, we see, iOS to dominate the much more popular Android apps.
No doubt Android is popular but here too, iOS is more effective. Android though being open source, yet it is locked down by several carriers. As compared to the And, 95% of iOS users are using the updated version of the OS. In comparison to this, Android accounts for only 20%. So, going by this even if you dedicate your app on the latest version, you are probably going to have more users on iOS as compared to the Android. In this way, you can add new features and technology on the app and attract more customers at the same time.
So, you see, both have their own segment of plus and minus. Depending upon which segment maps your requirement and is of utmost priority, you can make your choice.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
The progressive web apps are the next best thing to expect in the future. Due ...
You can become an Android developer, but to get success in this field is not e...
The differences between React Native and Native app development have reached i...
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
- Why Businesses Are Heading More towards Android App Development
- How a Progressive Web App Development Company Can Determine the Future of Mobile Web Apps
- Best Steps to Focus At While You Hire PHP Developer
- Services You Can Get Only From a Reputed Android App Development Company
- What 5 Points You Can Expect To Get From Android App Development Company
- Tune In For the Finest Mobile Application Design Tips for World Class Results
- Trends to Figure Out In Progressive Web App Development
- Reasons to Hire PHP Developers for Your Next Web Development Project
- Things on Which Mobile App Design Services Must Focus For Android Apps
- Trends to Follow Before You Hire Mobile App Design Services
- How to Hire PHP Developer to Make Your Business Shine
You might also like
mobile app development company,  mobile app development services,  Mobile Application Design,  mobile application development company,  mobile application development services
hire mobile app developers,  mobile app design services,  Mobile Application Design
Android Application Development,  Hire Android Developer,  mobile app design services,  mobile app development
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.