Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
10 Mobile App Development Trends to Watch in 2020
- Sunday, October 6, 2019
- 5 Min Read
This trend has been underestimated by any, and yet it deserves the number one spot in our list thanks to its potential. Blockchain is definitely a game-changer in numerous spheres including mobile app development.
In the App Store and Google Play, you can find lots of applications coupled with blockchain. They are mostly e-wallets, currency converters, digital asset tracker apps and networking solutions.
But blockchain is not just for cryptocurrencies: it’s being integrated into many industries to create more sophisticated projects. It has many more advantages and coming slowly into the mainstream
This technology provides a special approach to security, allowing you to enhance the protection of your mobile platform and earn customer loyalty. The core benefits of blockchain-powered apps are:
- Improved data protection and reduced risks of data loss
- Quicker transactions
In 2019 and the following year, specialists expect an increase in blockchain-based mobile solutions, as devices can serve as blockchain nodes.
No. It is not a TV series or a sequel to the GoT. The Internet of Things has been at the forefront in the last few years, and it is not showing any signs of slowing down. It is touted to be the next big thing. According to Statista, in 2019, the number of IoT-connected devices will be more than 26 billion worldwide. By 2025, it will cross the threshold of 75 billion.
The increasing demand for smart things results in the growing number of IoT applications. A smartphone serves as the bridge between intelligent systems and people, while an application is the main tool for managing connected devices.
IoT apps allow you to:
- Monitor readings of devices and sensors
- Analyze data, build charts and reports
- Manage devices (open/close, turn on/off, trigger alarms, and more)
- They are equally beneficial for customer-focused solutions (smart home appliances, wearables, traffic sensors) and enterprise-grade management (oil and gas networks, railway lines, autonomous cars).
IoT is becoming mainstream in many sectors, from healthcare and education to manufacturing and transportation. App development for wearables is the most booming area as of now, with the main representatives being applications for smartwatches, fitbits, smart columns and home assistants.
A trend that had just started to develop 5 years ago based finally manifested itself properly. Developers started investing actively in cloud-driven apps, thus creating the mobile cloud era.
Cloud computing easily solves this problem. Remote servers provide the necessary storage space for seamless functioning of an app that is quickly downloaded and doesn’t affect the internal memory of your device. The cloud means:
- Secure functioning across multiple devices
- Saving money on hosting
- Much more computing power
- Better storage and loading capacity
- Increasing user retention
- Streamlining operations
Similar to Google Drive and Dropbox — which are becoming extremely popular — an increasing number of mobile apps will become cloud-based.
The world of augmented reality attracted much interest of the public after the overwhelming success of the game Pokemon Go. But if in the past, AR and VR techniques were used mostly in gaming apps and marketing campaigns to entertain and impress customers, this year shows a new trend of using augmented and virtual reality in mobile apps for more practical purposes: object measurement, navigation, education, interior design, user manuals and more.
Google is partnering with Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, Xiaomi and others to make all types of smartphones AR-enabled with the help of ARCore platform.
Machine Learning and Chatbots
Mobile industry trends have focused on artificial intelligence since 2017 when Apple allowed developers to integrate voice assistant Siri into their applications. This encouraged the adoption and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithms into mobile solutions from various fields. The most vivid examples are:
- Chatbots and virtual personal assistants
- Motion and facial detection apps for surveillance systems
- Financial forecasting solutions
- Medical software that helps determine the diagnosis and suggests treatment
- Speech recognition apps used for gaming, entertainment, etc.
- Recommendation engines for online shoppers or travelers
Implementation of the above-mentioned advanced technologies (IoT, AI, AR, cloud) into applications is possible due to the enhancement of wireless connectivity.
The world’s regulator of cellular communications standards 3GPP officially approved the first specifications of 5G technology in Lisbon in December 2017. A year later, the fifth-generation mobile network began hitting the market. From 2019 onward, 5G technology will continue to expand globally and serve increased communication needs for billions of device
Artificial Intelligence is at the core of the evolution of many new technologies. All those movies with amazing self aware robots don’t seem like an impossible reality any longer. Not only has AI matured as a breakthrough technology, it is boosting the growth of many other technologies as well.
Apps such as Cortana and Google Assistant are two very famous and successful examples of the power of AI. There are many other apps like Elsa Speak, great for educational purposes, Hound, Robin and so on.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
The AMP services are gaining popularity; Google and the Guarding are the significant players in the AMP scope. They are continuously improving and enhancing these services. On the whole, this platform gives support to analyze the overall performance as well as the loading speed of the mobile pages. With this platform, the apps will be ranked as per the mobile application optimization.
Application Performance Management (APM)
The overall performance of mobile apps differs about the board. To make sure that users get the most exceptional services, search engines like Google improve the quality of these advanced platforms. Because of this, you do not have occurrences of snags and other issues when exploring the apps.
Beacons blend with IoT in retail can assist users with valuable information concerning sales as well as other ongoing promotions that they may find within their locality. The retail stores can use this technology to gain valuable insights of their consumers, in due course, making it innovative to reach out them utilizing a solitary piece of technology.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
As markets are evolving more into digital forms, online shopping is becoming more prevalent in th...
The development of mobile apps for users can help people gain crea...
With the popularity of iOS and Android operating systems, businesses are often unaware and are in...
- Top 5 Tips To Select The Best eCommerce Website Development Company
- Everything You Need To Know About Mobile App Development
- Why React Native is the Future of Hybrid App Development?
- How to Choose the Best eCommerce Development Company?
- What Is the Future of Cross-platform App Development?
- How to Make Your Website Ready For The Holiday Season?
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
You might also like
Android app development company,  App Development,  cross-platform mobile app development
Mobile App UX/UI Design,  UX and UI Design,  UX/UI design
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.