Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Does Your E-Commerce Website Really Need a Mobile App?
- Monday, April 22, 2019
- 4 Min Read
Today, the percentage of people using smart mobile phones are more than 80 and this vouches for the need for an alternative to a website. People are more likely to browse using smartphones and not a desktop or a laptop. Though the time when e-commerce stepped in, it took the retail industry by storm but technology has outcasted the existing image of doing business online. You might have a website for your online store but wondering if you need an app is justified.
Let’s dive into the specs to have a better view of the need for an app?
Mobile Usage Statistics
- On average, a person spends around two hours over the phone browsing through apps to find something suitable.
- Talking about the retail industry, they rank fourth among the popular apps downloaded from play store.
- Further, it is estimated that the total number of app downloads would rise to 258 billion as compared to 178 billion recorded in 2017.
- Revenue through mobile apps would rise to 158 billion by 2020.
All the above states clearly indicate that mobile apps would turn out to be a prolific market for the retail industry. And not just for the retail marketers but also to the developers.
E-commerce Retail Sector
E-commerce or electronic commerce have been a great place for all retail marketers. Whether it is eBay, Flipkart, Amazon or Walmart, the E-commerce industry has done more good than offline stores. Marketers have undergone a tremendous shift by employing a website to channelize their products. Social media has emerged out to be the staircase for marketing online websites. Multiple strategies bundled together to raise revenue and boost sales by outreaching a huge user base. Seeing such a shift, marketers focus on not just building a website but keeping it as functional as needed. With interactive designs and a hassle-free interface, users are now able to initiate purchases at their convenience eliminating the need to physically visit with stores. A website builds keeping in mind the user turns out to be more successful than others. This alternatively builds brand trust and likewise loyalty. No doubt, the success of a business relies totally on consumers and what could be a better way to approach them but online portals.
Same goes with mobile apps. Pacing technology trust has influenced them to choose comfort overall. Why sit on a desktop when your mini smartphone is equipped with all. The rising popularity of mobile apps surely affects the website viewability rate. For a business with apps, the usage rate is higher as compared to one with a website.
Still not convinced? Let’s dig more into the reasons why invest in a mobile app?
Reasons: Why Have An App?
The fact that mobiles have a greater usage trend and apps allow marketers to outreach a greater audience base might not be sufficient to come up to the conclusion of having an app for your E-Commerce business, right? There should be something more effective to land up in deploying an app.
Preference Of Apps Over Websites
As evident from the statistics of mobile usage, it is oblivious that people are more into using apps than websites. It is seen that when a user wants to make a purchase, he/she surfs online to know more about the price, availability before visiting a store. In such a case, apps usage are more like to be more as compared to websites. In addition to the basic information, users can also have a glance at their product reviews and rating enabling them to decide better. This on a whole boils down to the fact that marketers would have a greater hand through mobile phones.
Ensure Maximum Connectivity
Needless to state that mobile phones are highly technological these days. GPS locator, instant messaging, push notifications, etc, all help the marketers to connect directly with the users. Users can easily track their products, opt for live support to clarify doubts, and stay updated on the deals and discounts offered. And also the fact that current age smartphones are not only to feature specific but also affordable thereby targeting people from several sections of the society.
Transparent Access To Goods & Services
Mobile phones aided apps are equipped with all the basic information required on the products. Users can compare, refer it to a friend, share on social media, browse and seek references and also pay online. This allows the users to decide better and do all with a single click on the app.
Streamlined User Experience
Another advantage of having a mobile app for your E-Commerce industry is the enhanced user experience. Users can track a product, browse through their search history, save an item for later purchase, refill orders and many more. Blending technology such as machine learning and AI, marketers can track user activities and suggest the products of their interest cutting down on the search time. This in a way improves the shopping experience leaving behind a happy customer.
So, we see how mobile apps consume the need of users and fulfill all. They not only leverage the rate the sales but also build a long term trust between the user and the marketer. Seeing such trends, it is imperative that you too have a mobile app for your E-Commerce industry. This would give a boom to the revenue and help you reach out to a wider pool of customer.
So when are you connecting with a developer?
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
As markets are evolving more into digital forms, online shopping is becoming more prevalent in th...
The development of mobile apps for users can help people gain crea...
With the popularity of iOS and Android operating systems, businesses are often unaware and are in...
- Top 5 Tips To Select The Best eCommerce Website Development Company
- Everything You Need To Know About Mobile App Development
- Why React Native is the Future of Hybrid App Development?
- How to Choose the Best eCommerce Development Company?
- What Is the Future of Cross-platform App Development?
- How to Make Your Website Ready For The Holiday Season?
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
You might also like
Android app development company,  App Development,  cross-platform mobile app development
Mobile App UX/UI Design,  UX and UI Design,  UX/UI design
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.