Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Best Security Practices for Android Application Development
- Tuesday, July 30, 2019
- 2 Min Read
Apps are made at lightning speed to cater to the needs of the company, and yet they do not consider app security as a part of the budget. Below listed are the best methods to help protect your application from malware:
Securing the Server
The attempt that hackers make is to enter into the server and attack the API. It is extremely important to secure the server and API. This would control attacks from the exterior cyber world. Having a new web application firewall is an added advantage. One could also code reviews which will help the application to be more secure.
The idea of mobile app security is to protect the stored data on the mobile device. This would include the source code and of course the data exchanged from the application. Having a high level data encryption could help to protect the mobile data from hackers.
Making the source code unintelligible for both humans and decompiler makes it a great security measure. This creates an impenetrable code that is difficult for anyone to hack in. all reverse engineering efforts can be thwarted with this technique.
High Level User Authentication
Secure and integrated gateways are an excellent strategy to provide security. Setting up authorization is also a great way to take this ahead.
Protection of Transit Data
Having proactive defenses like jailbreak defenses, devices declared non complaint, and more. If there is a case of theft or device loss, one can simply delete the app so that it is not misused.
Regular Updating and Testing the App
There is a trick that hackers follow – they look for vulnerabilities and they exploit that in an app. One needs to keep their software up to date and reducing the chances of penetration.
Code Tamper Detection
tamper techniques like antivirus, signature verification mechanisms, and activity logs can help you stay protected from the cyber jungle threats.
Client side data storage: when device gets stolen, the data automatically gets exposed. Sensitive data thus always must be stored in the server to prevent any kind of data theft.
Security and confidentiality: using a security key of 128 bits is recommended. This greatly helps to secure the data from breaches.
Least privilege: when one limits the application data that offers great system security and stability. It naturally protects the data from faults and malicious behavior. Doing this can change some of the application functions, but nevertheless protects the data from cyber threats.
Security breaches come from negligence, that can be easily avoided. Some of the recommendations that one can follow are:
- Use the standards of OWASP.
- Put up a mobile security management approach
- Plan and monitor the firewall and the antivirus that protects the device
- Train your Android developers to make full proof applications.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
As markets are evolving more into digital forms, online shopping is becoming more prevalent in th...
The development of mobile apps for users can help people gain crea...
With the popularity of iOS and Android operating systems, businesses are often unaware and are in...
- Top 5 Tips To Select The Best eCommerce Website Development Company
- Everything You Need To Know About Mobile App Development
- Why React Native is the Future of Hybrid App Development?
- How to Choose the Best eCommerce Development Company?
- What Is the Future of Cross-platform App Development?
- How to Make Your Website Ready For The Holiday Season?
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
- Why Businesses Should Focus On Android App Development for Business Growth
- Know the Differences between Progressive Web App Development and Native Apps
- Factors to Consider Before Hiring Mobile App Development Company
You might also like
Android app development company,  App Development,  cross-platform mobile app development
Mobile App UX/UI Design,  UX and UI Design,  UX/UI design
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.