Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Best Security Practices for Android Application Development
- Tuesday, July 30, 2019
- 2 Min Read
Apps are made at lightning speed to cater to the needs of the company, and yet they do not consider app security as a part of the budget. Below listed are the best methods to help protect your application from malware:
Securing the Server
The attempt that hackers make is to enter into the server and attack the API. It is extremely important to secure the server and API. This would control attacks from the exterior cyber world. Having a new web application firewall is an added advantage. One could also code reviews which will help the application to be more secure.
The idea of mobile app security is to protect the stored data on the mobile device. This would include the source code and of course the data exchanged from the application. Having a high level data encryption could help to protect the mobile data from hackers.
Making the source code unintelligible for both humans and decompiler makes it a great security measure. This creates an impenetrable code that is difficult for anyone to hack in. all reverse engineering efforts can be thwarted with this technique.
High Level User Authentication
Secure and integrated gateways are an excellent strategy to provide security. Setting up authorization is also a great way to take this ahead.
Protection of Transit Data
Having proactive defenses like jailbreak defenses, devices declared non complaint, and more. If there is a case of theft or device loss, one can simply delete the app so that it is not misused.
Regular Updating and Testing the App
There is a trick that hackers follow – they look for vulnerabilities and they exploit that in an app. One needs to keep their software up to date and reducing the chances of penetration.
Code Tamper Detection
tamper techniques like antivirus, signature verification mechanisms, and activity logs can help you stay protected from the cyber jungle threats.
Client side data storage: when device gets stolen, the data automatically gets exposed. Sensitive data thus always must be stored in the server to prevent any kind of data theft.
Security and confidentiality: using a security key of 128 bits is recommended. This greatly helps to secure the data from breaches.
Least privilege: when one limits the application data that offers great system security and stability. It naturally protects the data from faults and malicious behavior. Doing this can change some of the application functions, but nevertheless protects the data from cyber threats.
Security breaches come from negligence, that can be easily avoided. Some of the recommendations that one can follow are:
- Use the standards of OWASP.
- Put up a mobile security management approach
- Plan and monitor the firewall and the antivirus that protects the device
- Train your Android developers to make full proof applications.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
Hey Folks! The festive season is not so far away. Very soon, you will see ...The latest app that has taken the internet by the storm is none other than...These days, most businesses need to be conducted online. Gone are the days...
- Impact of Halloween on eCommerce
- How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like TaskRabbit?
- How to Select Best Mobile App Development Company for Your Business?
- Why you should Choose React Native for Enterprise App Development?
- How IoT Mobile App Development Services can Boost Your Business?
- 10 Mobile App Development Trends to Watch in 2020
- Thinking of Starting an eCommerce Business? Here’s The Checklist!
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website?
- Android 10: Top 8 Features and Comparison with iOS 13
- Top 5 Reasons to Hire Offshore Mobile App Developers
- Everything You Need To Know About FaceApp
- How to Build an App Like Alexa?
- 5 Latest Trends In Mobile ios App Development
- How to Optimize Restaurant App Performance to Bring More Returns?
- Android Vs ios: Which is Better for Start-Up?
- Best Practices For Mobile App Onboarding Services
- Mobile Application Development Trends of 2019
- Best Security Practices for Android Application Development
- Have a Mobile App Idea? Here’s How You Can Validate It
- 7 Tips to Make Mobile App Development Successful
You might also like
cross-platform mobile app development,  React Native is a framework
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.