Choosing the right platform for your eCommerce web development is a challenging task. It is also a hard decision to make if you are not aware of the space or entering it right now.
This is especially true if you are a business that operates in the e-commerce sphere. Content Management Systems reduces the burdens of building a website for your company or building a new vertical where none already exists. Before coming to a firm decision about the kind of value you are trying to get from software, you must size up your requirements.
Mainly, the requirements of all companies in the e-commerce sector range around the following needs: ease of use, extended functionality or scalability, and the ability to deliver a good experience to their online customers. In all of these aspects, Joomla development services are one choice that appeals the most to people out there.
Here’s why you should choose Joomla for your eCommerce web development
Following are some of the reasons why you should consider Joomla for your web development in the e-commerce sphere:
Joomla’s eCommerce themes and templates
When you use Joomla or hire Joomla developers, you will notice a lot of templates available for your e-commerce business website. It is one of the most important factors that make Joomla a top contender in e-commerce web development.
These templates are mostly free and are SEO-ready for your business. They are also extremely versatile and work perfectly no matter what kind of business you have.
It doesn’t matter what kind of products or services you sell online; it is a fact that you will find a suitable template for your business on Joomla. Here are some features that you are bound to find in Joomla templates:
- Customizable with several color schemes, themes, fonts, and typography
- Designed for restaurants, family-owned businesses, or corporate houses
- Blogs and gallery templates that make it easy to make your website look better and market itself to more people
- Slick layouts for minimalist websites look
- Highly functional menu buttons that make it easy for your customer or a visitor to navigate through the different pages of your website
eCommerce extensions offered by Joomla
A website made with Joomla comes with a lot of extensions. While the layman might not be able to use these extensions with complete efficiency, Joomla website developers make sure they are used to their fullest potential. Joomla e-commerce extensions are very popular in the sector and are often used to enhance the website’s functionality and add more value to the customers who visit. Here are some of the features that are offered by Joomla extensions:
- Maintain all products easily through the options of usability, configuring, and customizability
- Support for several languages for customers around the globe
- SEO-friendly tags that make your website rank higher in traditional search engines like Google and Bing
- Unlimited product, manufacturer, and review additions
- Fully responsive pages that can be adjusted to the multiple devices
- Sales affiliate support
- Multiple shipping options and payment gateway methods
Maintenance and security of the website
Since you will be using this website to run your business, you need to make sure that the sensitive aspects of the business are secure. More than that, you have to ensure that the customers’ payments are always encrypted and secure from malware and hackers. Joomla offers you the functionality to keep your website safe through regular maintenance. It also has additional security features like:
- Backup manager for site crashes (although they are highly unlikely)
- Security advisors that give you weekly, monthly or annual reports
- SSL support (certificates to get you the right amount of security based on the size and usage of your website)
Here are some additional features that you should consider
Fabulous features that are built into the website
Joomla is feature-loaded. With the amount of functionality you can get with the CMS, you will never look for another alternative once you get your hands on this. Powerful content management, built-in meta management features, SEO advantage, retailer and wholesale merchant support, and payment gateways are some of the features offered.
Friendly and huge Joomla community
When constructing a website on Joomla, you get the added benefit of a responsive and active community that helps you through any technical difficulties you might be facing. However, we recommend that you hire a Joomla development company to help you through the task of making a Joomla website to mitigate the risk of running into technical difficulties in the first place.
Hence, we hope this blog has served as a good indication of how Joomla is possibly one of the best CMS in the e-commerce sector. If you are looking to get into Joomla and get a website constructed, we recommend hiring Joomla developers or a Joomla website development company to take care of the technical aspects for you. While the CMS has a great community to help you through the creation process, hiring a Joomla development company increases the efficiency of your website creation and ensures that your requirements are adequately fulfilled. Good luck!