OpenCart is an open-source platform that is widely used for e-commerce website development. The platform is highly customizable and does not come with any monthly fees. The platform boasts a robust administration dashboard that allows admins to see everything in one glance on their screens.
This dashboard can be customized to view metrics according to the business or e-commerce stores. These metrics include sales, customers, and more. Hence, with the customizability that comes with the platform, it is becoming a go-to application for all e-commerce stores in contemporary times.
OpenCart is being used so widely in today’s times because it lets businesses stay on top of the different stores from a single interface. Hence, enabling users to see metrics for each store at once.
These might include the different products available at various stores, the specific themes every single store has applied, and also let the users localize those themes.
OpenCart gives flexible product options and attributes that can be personalized as per the unique requirements of different clients. Other variables can also be added according to the needs of a particular quarter or even a single store.
With OpenCart, the user can customize the metrics they see for every store, focusing on the essential things every time.
OpenCart was made to be a long-term solution like most e-commerce platforms. Hence, it is highly customizable and extendable, which lets it scale according to its industry. It has more than 1,300 modules that support the site’s personalization, enabling users to make the site their own with different themes and color palettes.
Therefore, if you are considering hiring an OpenCart developer for your e-commerce store, let’s first understand why you should choose it over other eCommerce platforms.
Reasons why you should use OpenCart
OpenCart is a platform that is suited for every business in the e-commerce sector. However, there are some requirements for using this software that generally make it worth using for any firm.
Prior experience with web development, basic website setup, and development tasks make it easier for companies and businesses to use OpenCart to their advantage.
However, if you don’t have any prior development experience, it is advised to go for an OpenCart eCommerce development company with essential skills and expertise. Here are some of the unmatched advantages that OpenCart offers to its customers. It is because of these reasons that OpenCart has become one of the best e-commerce platforms on the internet
- Highly customizable because it is open-source software.
- Plenty of integrations is available for users to make OpenCart a software they can handle their business with.
- The platform itself is free.
- OpenCart, unlike other platforms of this kind, does not come with lots of development costs.
Features that make OpenCart attractive
- Unlimited categories
- Multilingual interface
- Several payment gateways for seamless payment across platforms
- It can be scaled and extended by templates
- PCI compliant features
- Discount system
- Shipping calculations are done automatically
- Tools that allow seamless backup and restore
Things you should know before hiring a developer.
If you are a company or a firm, or an entrepreneur who wants to hire a developer, there are many things you should know before you take the first step. There are many OpenCart development companies out there that specialize in providing developers for this very purpose.
However, when you decide to hire a developer, you need to make sure that the developer is sustainable and valuable to you. This is because, in the end, you are a company that is looking to bring value to its customers. Without that, you will not be able to fulfill your objectives as a firm in the e-commerce sector.
Pricing for hiring an OpenCart developer
You need to make sure that you are hiring a developer who is suitable for your requirements. Because the platform itself is completely free, you don’t have to pay anything to buy the software. However, there are some additional costs that you might have to bear in the form of hidden charges.
- You will need a subscription to a hosting plan. In most cases and locations, these usually cost around $5 every month. However, if you want a quality host, it might cost more depending on your requirements.
- A domain name is also required for your store. For an e-commerce store to work efficiently and attract more and more customers, you have to get yourself a workable domain name. This domain name might cost you around $10 every year or so.
- Lastly, the list of hidden charges includes the cost of a professional and attractive design or design template. This will consist of any additional modules or extensions that you will require for your online store. This addition of modules usually costs around $100 per year on average. However, that highly depends on your requirements.
Hence, hire OpenCart developer is not something that you should take lightly. You have to make a conscious decision because it will affect your e-commerce business in very significant ways.