Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Healthcare App In 2019?
- Friday, May 17, 2019
- 5 Min Read
True that the term mhealth has become dramatically popular, there arises the need to abide by the digital transformations in the healthcare sector. App development is a long term process that needs to be executed carefully and comprehensively. So while you are planning to have an app, drafting the app development cost becomes important.
- As evident from a report, the total number of healthcare apps existing in 2016 we’re 259000 and of these 59000 were health apps.
- It is expected that the rate at which mhealth is growing sums up to 32.5%.
- Another research suggests that health apps market would cross a hundred billion Euros by the end of 2022.
So, the numbers here speak for themselves. Considering this, the healthcare organizations are inclined towards deploying an app that could help both the patients as well as the clinical experts fostering enhanced healthcare services. So while you are thinking to develop an app for the medical services, you would be detrimental on the total cost to be incurred.
Well, determining the cost is not a number to guess. You need to consider multiple factors important throughout the development phase to end up giving an estimate on the cost of app development. To shed light, the features to be added, the type of app developed, the total manpower hours and the platform for which the app is being developed emerge as the most important ones. Here, we would pick each one separately and see how do they trigger the app development cost.
Type Of App
When talking about the healthcare industry, there are multiple types of app that could promote the same. Some are focused towards patient-doctor engagement, some are static with emphasizing or generalizing on relevant information and some include fitness apps. Let’s stop guessing and see exactly what the types are.
Fitness Tracking Apps
These are the most popular ones. Given the fact that people are way too concerned about their health and the general concept of calorie-in and calorie out, health freaks definitely opt for health rather calorie tracking app. They are feature rich too, right from your food intake to calories burned, water consumption and the steps walked, these apps track all. Every day more and more people are getting engaged with this kind of app, so venturing in this would not be a bad idea.
Medication Tracking Apps
Yet another wonderful app designed for the ones on medicine but yes the work keeps them so busy that they forget to keep track of their medicine timings. Medicine tracking apps are fed with reminders that pop up every time you miss on having your dose.No doubt, it is important to take medicines regularly and hence missing the right time might cost the overall recovery timing. To rule this out, tracking apps come handy and are the need of the hour.
Diseases that are fatal to human lives need to be tracked regularly. Chronicity adds to the risk associated with disease and hence there are apps that allow patients to monitor their health and stay informed as well as updated. These apps notify patients on an unusual behavior preventing the situation to turn worse.
A seriously I’ll patient needs to be taken to the hospital as early as possible. Emergency care apps are designed to provide vital information on the nearby hospital, the doctor list, traveling time, the wait time and the availability of doctors. Prior information is always helpful as the patient need not move between hospitals to find one with the required treatment.
One of the most useful and the one that is highly popular pregnancy apps. Mothers especially the pioneers are very much concerned about their health followed by the child. They have a bundle of questions running in mind for which they seek answers and they definitely end up asking google. However, these question the credibility of the information. One wrong advice might cost her a child’s life. So, to ease this, there are pregnancy apps that have been preferred by the necessary information. Also, the app enables them to be soon mother to track her doctor’s appointment and never miss one.
Additionally, there could database management apps where the doctors could track all the information related to a patient.
Features To Be Added
No matter which kind of app you choose to build, there are features basic to be embedded in the app. The most common ones are:
Social media login:
Nearly all apps today have social media integration. So, your app must have the feature to allow users to log in using their social media ids.
Dashboard: As the user log in the app, the first thing user would see is the dashboard. The same would have indicators on the recent activity, that gets updated. The dashboard would also enlist recent events and notifications.
- User Profile: Next, users would have a profile where all the basic information about the same is fed. The patient’s name, age, weight, blood pressure, and other relevant information can be written.
- Booking Section: Here, the doctor can either look for a doctor, book appointments, track the booked ones and also write on the recent events.
- Video Calls: Here, the patient can place video calls to the doctor in case of the same needs personal assistance on the disease.
- Notifications: Live notifications are the need of the era. It is necessary to keep patients notified on the next event or appointment.
- Payment System: When a patient seeks medical advice, he/she is entitled to pay for the same. So, for seamless payment, it is desirable to have a hassle-free portal to initiate the same. An excellent option is to integrate with Google Pay or Apple Pay.
So, these were the features you need to add in the app. In addition to the above, the total manpower hours taken add to the cost of app development. Depending on all, the amounts sum up to $40,000. However, this does add to the designing and the server development cost. Also, this is just an estimated figure and can either increase or decrease depending on the app complexity.
No doubt, healthcare apps have a great future ahead.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
Everybody is having a smartphone in their hands. It is practicall...
Internet and mobile applications are helping people to churn out ...
- Top Node.js Development Trends to Watch Out in 2021
- Common UX Design Mistakes to Avoid During Mobile App Development
- Magento vs Shopify vs BigCommerce: Which eCommerce Platform is best in 2021?
- Top 5 Tips To Select The Best eCommerce Website Development Company
- Everything You Need To Know About Mobile App Development
- Why React Native is the Future of Hybrid App Development?
- How to Choose the Best eCommerce Development Company?
- What Is the Future of Cross-platform App Development?
- How to Make Your Website Ready For The Holiday Season?
- Mobile App UX/UI Design: Everything You Need to Know
- Shopify VS Shopify Plus: What is a Best Fit for You
- Android Vs iOS: Which Platform To Build Your App For First?
- CakePHP Vs Laravel Vs Codeigniter
- Shopify Vs Magento: - Which One Is Best For You?
- Approaches To Know About Progressive Web App Development
- How to Improve Android App Development and Make It Flawless
- Understanding the Differences between React Native and Native App Development
- The Crucial Trends of Android App Development to Follow In 2020
- Reasons to Focus on Android App Development
- When Do You Build a Progressive Web App for Your Business
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.