Contact to Save Up To 60% on App Development Costs Contact Us
Hiring a Web Developer? Ask These Five Questions First!
- Thursday, March 29, 2018
- 2 Min Read
They all realize the potential of a great website, however, not all of them know the right questions to ask their developer(s) before awarding a web development project; something that can lead to potential disappointment.
You will find this article useful: Should I Hire a Freelancer or an Agency
If you’re an entrepreneur and can relate to this situation, here are the five most important questions that you can ask your developer before beginning the web development process:
1. What sort of websites do you build? Do you use pre-made templates or start things from scratch?
As the web traffic could come from any source: a mobile, a tablet, a laptop or a desktop, see if the developer can make responsive websites. The responsive websites adjust their layout automatically as per the aspect ratio of the device, giving your visitors the best possible experience. Also, look into whether your developer can make a custom website from scratch (a pricey proposition) or can only customize pre-made templates (a low-cost proposition).
2. Can I see a list of your current/past clients along with your portfolio?
Always look for diversity in the portfolio, as it shows that your developer can work with an open mind and can handle variety or customization if required. Also, look into whether he/she has handled a similar client before so that you can save time on his/her learning and adaption phase.
3. Can you provide me contact details of some of your current/past clients?
Go for a developer who can offer you a ready list of references. Select a few clients out of the list and call them up in person, if possible. Talk with them about their expectations and how the developer helped them out with those? Also, inquire about their experience of the web development phase and post-project delivery.
4. How do you calculate the cost and what are the inclusions?
Some web developers charge on an hourly basis, while some offer pre-set packages. Go for the option that suits your time and budget. In case you go for a pre-set package, check all the inclusions carefully and inquire about scope/charges for possible revisions beforehand.
5. What will be the mode of communication during the development process?
Last but not least, the communication between you and your web developer should be clear and timely, to keep all possible project delays at bay. Make use of a ‘task management and team collaboration software’, such as TeamWork to keep your project on the right track.
We at iWeb Services have handled a variety of web development projects in the past seven years. From an eCommerce website to complex web / mobile apps, we have handled it all. If you need any advice or consultation about revamping your website or putting up a new one, connect with us! Our consultations are always ready to speak to you.
Ryan, in his role as Sr. Tech Consultant, has proved himself to be someone with a wealth of knowledge in Techno-Marketing function. Ryan enjoys writing about technology that simplifies its usage for any business. A vivid blogger by passion, Ryan enjoys contributing to various communities and groups.
The fact that progressive web apps function better than the mobile site is a f...
Whether you are trying to design a website or trying to develop it, scripting ...
With smartphones being everywhere, there is a surge in android app development...
- How a Progressive Web App Development Company Can Determine the Future of Mobile Web Apps
- Best Steps to Focus At While You Hire PHP Developer
- Services You Can Get Only From a Reputed Android App Development Company
- What 5 Points You Can Expect To Get From Android App Development Company
- Tune In For the Finest Mobile Application Design Tips for World Class Results
- Trends to Figure Out In Progressive Web App Development
- Reasons to Hire PHP Developers for Your Next Web Development Project
- Things on Which Mobile App Design Services Must Focus For Android Apps
- Trends to Follow Before You Hire Mobile App Design Services
- How to Hire PHP Developer to Make Your Business Shine
- What to Know Before You Hire Dedicated Website Developer
- Things to Know Before You Hire Android App Development Company
- How Progressive Web Apps are Ready for Enterprises
- How Enterprises Should Prepare for iOS App Development
- Hiring a PHP Developer? Important Facts to Know
- Are Progressive Web Apps Important? Know Why?
- Reasons Why Startups should have an iPhone Application
- iPhone App Development Trends that Every Developer should Follow
- Seeking to Work Remotely? Explore Interesting Facts
- Is it the Right Decision to Develop your Website with PHP?
Write to us or pick up the phone, either way we are here to give you a hand.